- The security and protection of Experteer user data is a special concern. Experteer promises to comply with data protection laws and in particular with the German Data Protection Act (BDSG – German acronyms) and the Telemedia Act (TMG – German Acronyms).
- It is hereby informed that pursuant to Article 33 (1) of the BDSD, Experteer electronically collects, processes and stores user data, provided by the user within the registration process and the completion of the user’s personal profile, in a machine-readable form. As part of the contractual provision of services, personal data is collected, processed and used. Personal data refers to any data that contains information about personal and factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable user. In addition, all application documents uploaded by the user are saved for 1 year. This data will be saved electronically. Furthermore, data from the access of the web pages will be recorded.
- The user is therefore responsible for maintaining the security of his login access data (email address and password.)
- The purpose of data collection is to provide users with a smooth, efficient, fast and goal-oriented internet service. The analysis of registered and unregistered users is necessary in order to continually improve the services of Experteer and develop the missing functions. To this end, Experteer will use information voluntarily provided by the user during the registration process, as well as information used for the completion of the user’s own profile, and the log files to analyze anonymized user profiles, i.e. the identity of the user will remain unknown and cannot be associated with the user’s personal data.
- Various recruiting groups on Experteer (Headhunters, Corporate Recruiters, as well as recruiters from the Experteer Partner network (see below)) will have access to the personal data of the user, according to the visibility settings as indicated by the user in his Experteer profile. The user has the option to individually determine which kind of users can view his profile fully, or anonymously, and can change these settings at any time. In order to make the profile available for more headhunters and corporate recruiters, the data may also be transmitted to other partners in the recruiting world (for example, job portals or recruiting software companies – please see our current list of Experteer Partners). Experteer is not responsible for the confidentiality of user data and application data of the recruiter (headhunter and/or companies). As described in Clause 4, the user hereby agrees by submitting and publishing his profile, in conjunction with his specified profile settings.
session cookies,which are temporarily stored on your computer, or
permanent cookies,text files from a web server that will be permanently stored on your hard drive. Session cookies expire once you closer your browser, while permanent cookies may be permanently stored by the user’s browser on the hard drive and allow the tracking of the user of our website in order to continually adapt to the needs of our users. The user has the option to accept or reject the cookie settings at any time. If he declines to accept cookies, this may negatively impact his experience on the website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (
cookies,text files that are stored on your computer and enable analysis of your use of the website. Google Analytics uses the so-called inter alia
On our website we make use of Google Analytics, as well as Universal Analytics functions. Universal Analytics enables us to analyze activity on our website across devices (e.g. laptops or tablets). This is made possible by assigning an anonymous User ID to each individual user. The assignment of a User ID occurs when you create a profile on Experteer, or when you log in to your own personal account. However, no personal data will be forwarded to Google. (The fact that Universal Analytics adds extra features to Google Analytics, does however not imply that there will be a compromise of data protection measures in regards to IP-Masking or the Browser-Add-on.) http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
On some of our sites, Experteer uses
social pluginsfor the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1501 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. The
The user understands that Experteer uses
Visitor Action Pixelsfor measuring conversions on its websites, a tool from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (
The user provides express consent to receive email newsletters. These newsletters are an integral part of the Experteer service, and regularly inform the user about current topics relevant to the job market, Experteer news and updates, and supplementary job market news from Experteer’s partners. In addition, member specific emails are sent. The user can unsubscribe from these newsletters at any time by clicking on the
Unsubscribelink at the bottom of each email, or in the personal
My Accountsection of the user’s Experteer account, under
Emails from Experteer.
- When the user would like to modify, correct, or delete his personal data, he may request this at any time per email, fax, or letter, with his Account ID and email address included. When a user deletes his personal data, he effectively ends his Experteer membership. If the user changes his own data in his account, the old data will be automatically deleted. A correction or cancellation is not necessary in this case. Experteer cannot be held responsible for any availability of data due to caching systems or proxy servers after deletion.
- Users are entitled, at any time, to see their Experteer personal data, free of charge. The request for information must be sent to Experteer GmbH, Lenbachplatz 3, 80333 München. The user requesting his information must include a copy of a legal form of identification (passport, driver’s license, etc). The information will be sent by mail to the user, according to the address listed on his form of identification.
Munich, October 6, 2015