Chief Marketing Officer
IPSY, Santa Monica, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
About the Role:
IPSY is looking for a passionate, visionary Chief Marketing Officer to develop and execute the overarching marketing strategy and IPSY’s brand positioning in the beauty space. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CMO's objective is to further IPSY’s mission of inspiring everyone to express their unique beauty and strengthening IPSY’s position as the category innovator and market leader in online beauty.
The CMO will be a strategic thinker, a creative innovator, and a talented leader who deeply understands our member's needs and develops strategies that place the member at the center of all marketing campaigns. This involves fostering lifetime engagement, intimacy, membership, and advocacy.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Strategy Development: Craft and execute an innovative marketing strategy aligned with IPSY’s values and mission to inspire everyone to express their unique beauty.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team of approximately 60 marketing professionals in North and Latin America, spanning integrated marketing, creative, social media, creator partnerships, production, and brand operations.
- Campaign Execution: Create and execute multi-channel campaigns that align with our brand pyramid and value propositions.
- Marketing Activations: Plan marketing activations that align with tentpole ecommerce events to ensure engagement and continuity across all consumer touchpoints.
- Organic Acquisition: Lead all aspects of the social media and creator partnership strategy to ensure alignment with the overall member experience. Lead organic social member acquisition across channels and refine content strategy to drive targets such as engagement, followers, impressions, and increased brand awareness.
- Creative and Production: Lead creative and production teams to bring the brand to life in a compelling and engaging way, in line with the "member for life" strategy.
- Brand Development: Establish key performance indicators and proactively measure results. Leverage data and market insights to develop and refine IPSY’s brand and positioning while ensuring consistent execution of the marketing message.
- Market Expansion: Expand IPSY’s brand awareness and market share in core and emerging markets.
- Team Building: Build, lead, and mentor a talented marketing team, fostering a culture of collaboration centered on diversity, equity, inclusion, creativity, and accountability.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the marketing opex, ensuring cost-effective strategies and efficient resource allocation.
- Advocacy: Act as the IPSY Storyteller-in-Chief both internally and externally to advocate for the brand.
- Previous experience as a CMO in a digital or ecommerce company with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading a multidisciplinary marketing team.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Brand and community builder with expertise in brand strategy and management.
- Creative and strategic mindset with a knack for transforming ideas into impactful marketing initiatives.
- Balanced left-and-right brain: strong eye for branding and creative, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Inherent understanding of the IPSY brand and commitment to developing and strengthening a company culture built on the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, driving our mission to inspire everyone to express their unique beauty.
- Outstanding communication skills to inspire teams and excellent presentation skills to drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Deep passion for beauty, storytelling, influencers, and pop culture, in addition to extensive knowledge of marketing trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Ability to swiftly identify upcoming trends and drive innovation targeted at organic member growth.
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams with a passion for mentoring and developing talent.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program (paid out quarterly)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Work from home flexibility
- Free BoxyCharm subscription
- Learning & development programs
IPSY is the largest beauty membership in the world, home to sample-size beauty subscription Glam Bag, full-size beauty subscription BoxyCharm, celeb-curated collection Icon Box, and personal care brand Refreshments. When you join IPSY, you get amazing insider prices on buzzworthy beauty that’s personalized for you so you can play, explore, and express your unique beauty every day.
Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, IPSY democratizes beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but the feeling of authentic self-expression that comes with the discovery of beauty products tailored to your unique preferences.
Our proprietary technology platform is the ultimate in beauty innovation, leveraging millions of member data points that has led to the creation of some of the world’s most-loved beauty subscriptions. To date, we have amassed over 200 million product reviews and built an avid beauty community who is at the heart of all we do.
Our world-class team—from merchandising to machine learning, editorial to engineering, and everything in between—works behind the scenes to make personalized beauty discovery possible.
Ready to join the beauty revolution and inspire everyone to express their unique beauty? Visit our careers site to learn more about the values, culture, benefits, and more across all our brands.
For United States Remote Roles: Candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states where IPSY has established a Business presence to be eligible for hire: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
Salary Range: $400,000 - $450,000 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, IPSY also offers a bonus, equity grants and competitive benefits package. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to view our CCPA notice.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.