Stantec, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Stantec is seeking an Environmental Engineer in to be located either in Stantec's the Walnut Creek, CA office or San Diego, CA office. As an Environmental Engineer, you will work on medium to large complex projects dealing with site investigation, characterization, and remediation activities, and as a team member under the guidance of a senior engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineering principles to select the best plan involving collaboration with multiple stakeholders and expertise within the company. You will assist in verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Work in conjunction with senior engineers, geologists and scientists to perform various aspects of environmental projects including application of scientific principles and techniques to collect and analyze data, assess the nature and extent and fate and transport of chemical contamination in soil, groundwater, and soil gas, and evaluate remedial technologies to mitigate chemical contamination.
* Prepare, organize, and coordinate production of assigned sections of various deliverables such as work plans, site investigation reports, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, closure reports, and site drawings.
* Conduct field investigations and related activities as directed by a senior engineer or geologist involving site inspections, environmental monitoring, data collection (soil, groundwater, and soil gas sampling), and oversight of subcontractors during implementation of field investigations and operation, maintenance, and monitoring of remediation systems.
* Assist with and in some cases lead the design and implementation of remedial actions for contaminated soil and groundwater including technology screening, pilot testing, field demonstrations, and startup, troubleshooting, and operation and maintenance activities for remediation systems.
* Assist with engineering duties including data analysis, designs, and system operation and maintenance on projects of various complexity.
* Lead onsite construction observation, contractor coordination, and daily inspection reports.
* Lead the review of contractor submittals, respond to Requests for Information (RFIs), and as-built survey review.
* Develop an understanding of policies and procedures for Health, Safety, Security, and the Environment (HSSE), including client-specific training (as required).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Ability to work independently and on a team in the field and office environment to complete project activities and deliverables.
* Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
* Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and engage in creative and critical thought.
* Ability to liaise between clients, contractors, and third parties on-site.
* Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner, both in writing and in person, with clients, employees and visitors.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
* 5 - 8 years of environmental engineering experience.
* California Civil Professional Engineer License, preferred.
* OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
* $93,400 - $135,400 (CA, CO, WA locations only)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
Primary Location : United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations : United States-California-San Diego
Work Locations :
San Diego CA
Organization : BC-1857 EnvSvcs-US West N California
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 7, 2023, 10:55:08 AM
Req ID: 2300035U
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.