IT Manager, Power Energy Management Systems
Michael Page International, Genève
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Blank page to write for a global major player in energies|Creation of a position to manage around 60 people
Major global player in the energy sector.
- Manage 5-6 delivery teams, each responsible for a portfolio of systems.
- Ensure the staffing and development of delivery teams, including both internal and contract resources, with responsibilities encompassing both operational and strategic changes.
- Take a lead role in designing and implementing physical and short-term power trading systems while optimizing the global and regional systems landscape.
- Ensure the efficiency of the trading systems landscape and the seamless integration of systems.
- Coordinate configuration and change requests as needed by business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various business stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide system-oriented solutions.
- Provide valuable inputs to procurement activities and oversee third-party suppliers within your domain.
- Supervise projects within your area of responsibility and contribute to related projects.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and internal audit requirements, including Sarbanes-Oxley, and enforce best practices and governance.
- Promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to strategy and budgeting exercises for Gas & Power IT.
- Collaborate closely with other IT/Technology teams within the organization.
- Over 5 years of experience managing multifunctional IT teams across multiple offices.
- Work experience managing IT/Technology for a utility, power trading, or energy management company, with knowledge of trading environments (mandatory)
- In-depth understanding of energy trading and management systems, including support technologies for managing renewables, batteries, and thermal energy assets.
- Experience in IT procurement and supplier management is desirable.
- Training and experience in IT service management (e.g., ITIL), project management (e.g., PMI, Prince 2), agile methodologies, cloud, and database technologies are beneficial, with certifications as a bonus.
- An educational background, ideally holding a Master's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related technology or engineering discipline.
- Our partner offers attractive salaries
- You will enjoy a flexible work environment with the option for remote work one or two days a week to enhance work-life balance
- Join a team that embraces the exciting challenge of transitioning from Oil & Gas to renewable energy, offering a unique opportunity for professional growth.
- Contribute to our new direction focused on renewable energies by engaging in research and development to keep being successful on the new emerging market of sustainable solutions
- Collaborate with a team of talented professionals, fostering mutual learning and growth
- Be part of implementing efficient project management processes to maximize operational performance
- Benefit from job stability within a large corporation while actively participating in innovative projects
- The company invests in your professional development by providing training and development opportunities
- Your work will directly contribute to reducing carbon footprint and promoting cleaner energy
- You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network within the company and the industry
- Our partner offers comprehensive benefits, including retirement plans, health insurance, and wellness programs
- Explore international career opportunities within our global network
- You will have access to cutting-edge tools and resources to successfully execute your projects
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.