Energy Asset Portfolio Manager, AlphaStruxure
Schneider Electric, Boston, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
AlphaStruxure has an opportunity for an Energy Asset Portfolio Manager at our Boston, MA location or remote. AlphaStruxure designs, builds, owns, operates, and maintains tailored energy infrastructure. Unlike other Energy as a Service providers, AlphaStruxure owns its clients’ systems for their lifecycle, and thus holds a long-term interest in their success. As a steadfast innovator in the new energy landscape, AlphaStruxure’s unique joint-venture model combines Carlyle’s extensive financial backing and Schneider Electric’s 185+ years of energy expertise. With a zero-CapEx financing model and a systems mindset, AlphaStruxure is fully invested in achieving clients’ long-term outcomes on resilience, reliability, greenhouse gas reduction, and cost stability — without the complexity. To learn more please visit https://alphastruxure.com/about
Headquartered in Boston, MA, AlphaStruxure employees are currently hired by Schneider Electric and then seconded to the AlphaStruxure venture as we build the platform to launch our business as a stand-alone entity. This position will preferably be based in the Boston, MA office, where we employ a hybrid approach to working in-office and remotely.
AlphaStruxure is seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager to join our finance team. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for managing, analyzing, and reporting on the financial performance of our portfolio of energy assets for various internal and external purposes. This role reports to the CFO and will routinely interact with lenders and investors as well as the investment, construction, and operations teams.
The individual should possess portfolio management experience in a technical, project-based environment to support AlphaStruxure in its pursuit of new distributed energy, microgrid and energy as a service investment opportunities. They must thrive in a team that is highly analytical and values creativity, collaboration, perseverance, and strong written and oral communication skills.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of AlphaStruxure, specific responsibilities of the position include but may not be limited to:
• Manage and analyze the financial performance of AlphaStruxure's portfolio of energy assets.
• Develop and maintain financial models to track and forecast the performance of the portfolio.
• Provide accurate and timely financial reporting to construction and term lenders, as well as investors including tax equity investors.
• Manage equity and debt draw requests to ensure timely funding, actively supporting treasury as needed.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators as required by all stakeholders, including lenders, investors and senior management.
• Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to identify and mitigate risks in the portfolio.
• Work with the investment team to incorporate new transactions into the portfolio.
• Provide ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed.
• Monitor market trends and conditions that could impact the performance of the portfolio, such as changes in interest rates or regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure that the portfolio is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Provide guidance and support to other members of the finance team, such as financial analysts or accounting staff.
Combining exceptional finance skills with good judgment, the Portfolio Manager will play a critical role in managing the financial performance of AlphaStruxure's energy asset portfolio. An adept problem-solver with a proven track record, they are expert users of the Microsoft Office software suite including Excel and PowerPoint and are able to concisely summarize analyses in charts, graphs and financial output pages. They will maintain meticulous accuracy in a multi-project, multi-entity setting and will thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment demanding a high level of interpersonal skills and collaboration across functional teams. A positive, collaborative tone and the fostering of a collegial and ethical culture are second nature to them.
· 5+ years of experience in portfolio management or loan administration, preferably in the energy or infrastructure sector.
· Strong financial modeling skills, with advanced proficiency in Excel.
· Knowledge of project finance and tax equity structures.
· Familiarity with loan and tax equity documentation.
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and other financial data.
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial information to a diverse audience, including non-financial stakeholders.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· High level of integrity and dependability.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
· Hands-on attitude, desire to learn and reliably submit high-quality work product.
· Strong interdisciplinary communication skills with the ability to accept and support change.
· Strong commitment to company vision and values, passion for clean energy.
· Experience working in a small, expanding organization
· Experience working with multiple legal entities, including some with complex legal structures
· Experience with partnership taxation
· Interest in clean energy technology such as solar PV, CHP, battery storage, fuel cells
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Accounting or another related area of study. Advanced degree a Plus.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€34bn global revenue
128 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.