Senior Global Brand and Product Marketing Manager
Desired areas of expertise:
Our client is a recognized company in the retail industry
This person will spearhead the brands’ strategic plans, equity, innovation and omnichannel communication development, working closely with the global product development team and with the local marketing teams to bring the plans to life and drive sustainable growth in the markets. This position plays an important role in ensuring the company delivers on its business goals.
The person will report to the Global Marketing Director of the company.
BRAND MANAGEMENT & STRATEGY
▪ Lead the creation and implementation of the brand and marketing strategies and plans for the category
▪ Serve as the voice of the consumer and guardian of the brands: lead updates of the Brand Books, the prime prospects profiling, the implementation of the Brand Compliance Guide as well as the brands’ equity tracking, developing action plans to close any gaps.
▪ Lead the development of the Brand Plan (assess the landscape, ambition and brand targets, strategies and growth building blocks).
▪ Lead the budget management for the brand
▪ Partner with the Global Product Development team to develop the brands innovation strategies
▪ Co-lead the development of the hero projects per brand by bringing in the consumer insights and brand positioning, highlighting gaps in brand architecture/product offer and defining the collections opportunities in technology and style. Monitor hero projects performance to guide future plans.
▪ Contribute to the curation of the collections including compliance with the brand: from design strategy to product branding
▪ Lead the development of integrated marketing campaigns (creative and playbook), that can successfully be implemented globally while meeting local consumer and commercial needs.
▪ Lead the relationship with the current communications agency, including contract negotiation, overseeing briefs and pitches, and defining work scope and priorities.
▪ Work closely with the agencies to step up the brands’ campaigns' creative ideas and visuals to increase their ability to break the clutter and drive traffic in-store and online. Understand the competitive landscape to ensure the brands differentiation and preference in the markets.
▪ Work closely with the local Marketing team for effective and timely implementation. The campaign activations should cover the company stores and e-stores.
▪ Monitor the usage and performance of brand campaigns and define actions plans based on their results.
▪ Define the brand partnership strategies and develop guidelines for the markets to work with key collaborators and influencers.
▪ Contribute to the organization and content creation for the bi-monthly Global Marketing Connects.
▪ Use of his/her influence and expertise to develop marketing capabilities in the local organizations.
The person in this position will work in very close cooperation with:
▪ The Global Product Director
▪ The Head of Product for the brand and its team, in charge of developing the collection and the technical innovations.
▪ Global Multi-functional teams
▪ Global Merchandising
▪ Local Multi-functional teams, like local marketing managers and its teams
- Ideally 7-12 years’ experience in brand management, marketing and/or product development and communication
- Experience working in retail
- Proven success in brand management and retail marketing, building and implementing strategies and plans that have led to brand growth, ideally both in developed and emerging markets.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing 360° marketing campaigns, including store as a medium and a strong digital acumen.
- Experience working closely with the product development teams and bringing innovation initiatives to the market.
- Experience selecting and managing agencies.
Must have capabilities
- Drive for results with strong sense of ownership and accountability; bias for action and making things happen; fast and diligent
- Strategic doer: able to envision and conceptualize (strategic thinking); good analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and act on data
- Excellent communications skills in written and spoken English C2. Spanish is a real plus.
- Inspire & influence: ability to build great interpersonal relationships and to positively collaborate with others in an international environment; able to influence even without official authority in a matrixial organization; willingness to listen; able to build strong relationships with culturally diverse groups of people
- Positive attitude and a committed team player
- Resilient, flexible: comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. Bias for action and for making things happen.
- Project management: Highly organized – able to balance multiple, competing priorities, and balance big picture and executional excellence.
- Worked in a Global/regional team
- Worked in apparel
- Experience in consumer research & analytics
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.