Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f)
Desired areas of expertise:
Our client is a innovative scale-up which has developed a cutting-edge technology and make a real impact in reducing harmful emissions.
- Taking concepts and requirements from R&D and designing mechanical and electrical prototype systems and components that will be tested in the laboratory;
- Working closely with cross-functional teams including product development, manufacturing, and quality to ensure designs are manufacturable and meet product requirements;
- Utilizing CAD software to create 3D models and 2D drawings of designs;
- Conducting feasibility studies and analyze design options to determine the best solution based on cost, quality, and performance;
- Performing engineering calculations, simulations, and analysis to ensure designs meet performance requirements;
- Collaborating with suppliers and vendors to select materials and components that meet project requirements and manage procurement processes as needed;
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical support for product testing and validation;
- Continuously improving design processes, tools, and techniques to increase efficiency and
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical design with a 3D modelling software (Autodesk Inventor or similar) experience;
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, product design, and manufacturing processes;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and address
- complex issues;
- Experience with designing for various manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, stamping, and CNC machining;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Basic working proficiency in French or German.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.