Group Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence
SOM 3 Recruitment, London (West)
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Role: Group Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence
Benefits: 85,000 – 90,000 + Bonus and more
Location: London (Hybrid)
Are you an experienced cyber security professional with a passion for managing information security within a global organisation? Our client are currently on the lookout for a permanent group head of cyber threat intelligence who will be able to come in and make an impact from day one.
This role will see you reporting to the VP Cyber Defence & Resilience and leading a team of 5 professionals. You will be responsible for leading the development and measuring the consistent application of a functional, and realistic set of Cyber Defence Predict product components to improve the Cyber resilience of the organisation.
- Lead a team in the definition and management of a Cyber Defence Predict product, defining and enhancing those features and services that provide clarity on the mitigation of potential threats, risk and net exposure levels.
- Develop the Cyber Defence Predict Product, setting precedent and creating direction, to ensure cross functional delivery of a cohesive product and associated services.
- Provide support to the Head of Cyber Product Architecture & Development to ensure Cyber Product workflow, driving DevSecOps integration and outcome.
- Through Cyber Predict development and iterative improvement deliver collective understanding of cyber weaknesses in our defences against threats, ensuring collaboration and coordination of geographically distributed teams for well aligned for delivery.
- Production of various materials for reporting, executive presentations, team communications and such like as required,
- Establish and manage the Predict / Threat Intelligence forums as required for the measurement and management of threats and security services to ensure consistent quantification and management of cyber risk.
- Assist in orchestrating transition to a service oriented, cyber governance and controls framework, bringing together different cyber teams and constituencies to adopt innovative cyber defence management thinking and utilisation of cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to deliver consistent threat mitigation.
- Assist in building Cyber Defence and Resilience services that deliver a multiyear set of initiatives, as a part of the strategic architectural roadmap for threat management, forming the basis for continual budgetary definition and risk reduction.
- Drive a clear path of iteration in services to the changing technology and threat, assessing and refining services for the remediation of Cyber risk and delivering organisational resilience.
- Lead the implementation of secure information architectures that pivot the organisation to policy, standard, process and procedure delivering these from a threat-based perspective, with the effective and consistent management of services and controls.
- Relevant Cyber Defence experience and at least 10 years of Cyber Threat management experience.
- Experienced in determination of cyber assurance and risk management strategies, creating future vision and positioning an organisation for success through cyber risk visualisation and management.
- Demonstrable experience in Threat Intelligence Cycle and Management aligned to SecDevOps methodology and practice, on prem, hybrid and cloud, designing, developing and delivering defences to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in delivering Cyber Product that is Defensible and Threat Intelligence led Security management, both 1st and 2nd line, that protects business from the impact and disruption of outages through cyber related events.
- Can lead communication effectively across organisational, technical and business unit boundaries, providing the context to questions and decisions.
- Experienced in providing direction and lead on change with regards to factors that feed into analysis. Monitor changes in the technical environment and assess whether risks are still at acceptable levels or whether previous decisions need to be revisited. You can direct and influence others on best practice and policy.
- Experienced in applying security concepts at a technical level, at a prominent level of risk and complexity. Can effectively translate and accurately communicate security and risk implications at senior levels across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of design and systems thinking in support of secure product development, the associated security services, and risk management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Composure and capability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Leading teams and functions to balance strategic and operational demands; directing new initiatives and governing progress to agreed outcomes.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.