Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialists (San Diego, CA, Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL)
Northrop Grumman, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
DescriptionJoin Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialists. These positions are in support of the Sentinel Program aka Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) contract.
We are hiring for the following locations:
- San Diego, CA
- Roy, UT
- Huntsville, AL
The purpose of the GBSD Program is to replace the current ICBM system, including the weapon systems command and control; flight, launch and ground systems; and cyber elements. The selected candidates will negotiate with both large businesses and small businesses on a variety of complex-type contracts including cost-plus-incentive-fee type.
- Collaborates on subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes, and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Forecasts, reviews, and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Hybrid Work for all Locations – 3 Days In Plant weekly with a 9/80 work schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts, contracts, or business/project management. Or, in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Finance preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with SAP
- Change Management experience
- Negotiation skills and experience with contracts >$100M
- Experience in supporting different contract types including cost types and all aspects of contract management from contract award through contract closeout.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Location: United States-California-San Diego; United States-Utah-Roy; ALHU12
- Type: Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.