Senior Manager Contract Manufacturing
Welch's, Concord, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Crush It Here!
When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
The Senior Co-Manufacturing Manager role is a key role in support of Welch's growth and innovation activities through development and management of external Supply Chain networks. You will work as part of cross-functional teams to identify the best contract-manufacturing partnerships available that support our supply chain requirements. You will develop and maintain on-going strategic business relationships within the framework of a supply strategy designed to deliver co-manufacturing excellence, which includes standardizing scoping, assessment, and selection of partners.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for optimizing the current external manufacturing network, negotiating key supply agreements, managing performance, leading commercialization efforts, and delivering cost, quality and service improvements. On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Manager will partner with Materials Planning, Supply Chain Finance and Quality to drive continuous improvement and Best In Class performance via critical KPIs.
What You'll Do:
- Identify, assess, and select new co-manufacturing partners
- Partner cross-functionally to lead commercialization efforts at new and existing co-manufacturing locations
- Participate in project teams and brief Senior Leadership on progress
- Develop strategies to enhance partnerships with key co-manufacturers for long term benefits
- Evaluate, develop, and execute the company strategy for co-manufacturing excellence
- Develop and execute productivity, quality and service enhancing projects
- Develop and be responsible for budgets and forecasts
- Facilitate issue resolution with co-manufacturers
- Conduct monthly reviews/assessments of co-manufacturer performance
Who You Are:
- Excellent leadership skills with strong business acumen
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Project managements skills, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams through commercialization projects
- Strong interpersonal skills w/ ability to interact with all levels and functions of organizations on both an individual and team basis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities under pressure
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations including manufacturing and/or engineering, logistics and quality
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 10 years of broad supply chain experience including Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management, and/or Negotiation experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing co-manufacturing relationships in consumer goods (CPG)
- 5+ years' experience managing people
- Project Management experience
- Experience in developing & maintaining KPIs
- Ability to travel 3-7 days/month (Concord?)
- Bachelor's Degree Required
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- 40 hours paid volunteer time for all non-union employees
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's believes diversity makes good business sense and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.