EF Education First, Zürich
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Global Creative Team at EF Education First is looking for a UX Lead to join our Zurich based team. In this role, you’ll be at the center of all things brand and find yourself at the intersection of the conception, design, and execution of creative campaigns; innovation new and better ways to interact with our customers; and inspiring marketing and creative teams world-wide.
Application must include a portfolio or a collection of previous case studies
About The Global Creative Team
The Global Creative Team owns EF’s brand world-wide. Practically this means that we conceive, design and implement every conceivable medium and ensure it is deployed in every conceivable media all around the globe.
We are innovators, designers, and craftsmen. We are a team full of ideas living in the center of a global business that both needs and wants what we make. We have it all - UX, Art Direction, Motion Design, Videography, Sound Design, Copywriting, and Engineering of all types. No day is ever the same and everything we do contributes to helping to open the world through education. See some of our work at ef.design.
Role: UX Design / Strategy Lead
- Engage with EF business stake-holders to understand and internalize the businesses, marketing and audiences
- Scope, plan and conduct user and market research (internally and externally)
- Turn insights into opportunities for the Global Creative Team (and the broader EF organization)
- Engage and manage stakeholders through workshops and co-creation
- Develop, test and iterate new, innovative concepts and product ideas
- Use storytelling to inspire and drive innovation across our business units
- Invent/introduce KPI's to measure the impact of Global Creative Studios' work with the various business units
- Engage in hands-on work (All members of the Global Creative Team share this responsibility)
- Manage the UX individual contributors, and make sure they are set up to grow and do the best work possible
- Introduce and plan user-driven design activities for the UX team
- Advocate and defend UX and user-driven design during reviews and day-to-day in the team
- Responsible for building UX team as needed via recruiting, interviewing etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of UX or building digital products
- Fluency in English
- Experience of team management is a plus
What we offer:
- A clear conscience - that here, in contrast to most opportunities out there, your creative work is making the world a better place
- The chance to work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics, and product people
- The chance to work on global-scale problems
- Exposure to countless unusual creative problems and mediums
- A beautiful office in Selnau, Zurich
- Free on-site gym with fitness and wellness classes
- High-end equipment (MacBook Pro etc)
- Annual tuition reimbursement for career development
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products
- Regular social activities with a provided budget
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot spots such as Mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- On-site subsidized crèche/day-care
- Travel opportunities
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, and Zürich.
Learn more at .
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.