Senior Process Manager
Shipt, San Francisco, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Continuous Improvement team at Shipt is looking for a Sr Process Manager with a proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders through complex processes that drive value for the customer. In this role, the individual will have a front-row-seat to our operation and understand impact of key business decisions. They will drive better understanding of financial and operational impact to our service quality through implementation of defect reporting, as well as leading process optimization efforts to minimize the negative impacts and accelerate the positive. The ideal candidate will be open to working in a hybrid capacity out of either of our San Francisco or Birmingham offices.
* Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: process maps, training
documentation, defect definition, graphical representations of KPIs, templated tools/tracking
documents as needed
* Move quickly between high level strategic conversations with leadership and "in the weeds"
work alongside various operations teams across the org.
* Represent operations' teams in cross functional settings and provide insight and direction on
operations strategies that affect other teams and stakeholders.
* Implement quality measurement systems and reporting tools in partnership with Data teams
* Leverage analytics, data and appropriate lean tools to guide decision making and
prioritization of work
* Develop training and documentation systems for internal operations processes to support
efficient onboarding of new team members and maintain process control amongst existing
* Strong potential for having direct reports in the future
* Learn new processes quickly and challenge process gaps in real time, all while building
strong working relationships with internal and external teams.
* Contribute to strategic working sessions in off-site meetings, and bring those strategies to
life through both on-site trips to different cities/retailers, as well as influencing teams through
zoom and other collaborative tools (up to 50% travel in the future).
* Translate technical information and data insights to non-technical audiences
* Develop, synthesize and summarize the business use cases for operations teams,
propelling efficient work with cross functional technical teams.
* Create and lead presentations and training sessions for a variety of audiences, from entry-
level individuals to c-suite stakeholders.
* Build empathy and trust across teams through clear expectation setting and ensuring follow
through of action items.
* Manage peers and leaders indirectly in order to ensure processes stay in control
* Foster an iterative mindset when working with teams to identify gaps in current-state
processes and self-scope work that creates solutions to minimize risk of defects, improving
quality and financial KPIs
* Grow the continuous improvement culture at Shipt through thoughtful implementation of
Lean/Six Sigma's basic principles, accompanied with a strong desire to continue developing
and growing the skillset of both yourself and those you work with.
* Possess a high level of ownership, and be able to scope, pivot, and execute on projects
autonomously as business demands shift.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience in relevant operations roles)
* 5+ years experience including leadership and/or management role(s) in an operations
* Strong knowledge of Lean principles and tools, with significant experience leading others
through their use and implementation and demonstrated results
* Has led kaizen events, root cause analysis, and deep dive investigations with cross
* Confident in data analysis and quickly digesting large amounts of data to meaningful
insights, through advanced Excel use or comparable software
* Strong ability to teach and train others - able to adapt and work with different learning styles
* Outstanding technical writing abilities and attention to detail
* Lean Six Sigma Certification (Yellow or Green, Black Belt Preferred)
* Proficiency in SQL (or willingness to learn)
* Familiarity with Minitab
* Experience working with Finance partners to quantify business cases and ROI
* Experience working directly with external partners and vendors
* Experience with Value Stream Mapping
* Experience implementing new data pipelines and reporting tools
* Experience working with Snowflake, Databricks, GCP, or other data warehousing tools
Company benefits for this role include eligibility for annual bonus, Shipt membership, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and paid leave (PTO and new child leave).
Colorado Pay Minimum: $67,900
New York City Pay Range: $81,400- $162,800
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.