Senior Account Executive
Interconsult Ltd, London - United Kingdom Flexible
Desired areas of expertise:
60% of top research organizations trust Our Client to help them modernize their research administration systems. Our Client develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
Our Client empowers globally connected research that reimagines collaboration and drives societal progress. Their platform uniquely addresses the entire hierarchy of research challenges: minimizing risk, driving efficiency, optimizing planning, and enabling world-class, data-driven research management.
Over the past 2 decades, our client has been on a journey to empower globally connected research. Our Client has a strong backbone of customer- and employee- focused values that lead to a great working environment, and deliver on our mission: Empower organizations to conduct globally connected research and sponsored projects, advancing their impact on science, discovery, and society.
The exciting world of scientific research is fuelled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Our client also has a newly acquired team to extend the development of SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
- Build and execute account plans. Prospect and sell to university research offices, hospitals and other independent research institutions in the UK and European markets
- Manage internal account teams to execute complex selling processes
- Expand Our Client’s product suite within existing account base within the geographic and funding tier assigned
- Use designated sales tools (Salesforce, Insight Squared, HubSpot) for tracking and maintaining all information in the sales process
- Actively assist with sales campaigns by sending initial emails and making follow up calls
- Participate in regional and national trade shows trade-shows and company events
- Willingness to study and learn the dynamics of the research and grant making markets
- Organize product demonstrations on all our Client’s solutions in partnership with the assigned Solutions Consultant for your territory
- Proficiently match solutions with customer needs and tailor demos to those needs
- Perform webinars as assigned
Travel as needed for client meetings and other activities (50% + of schedule)
· Maintain an accurate and timely forecast in Salesforce
· Coordinate with Professional Services on service quotes when needed
· Communicate client requests and market information
· Attend assigned training sessions with Sales Team
· Regularly attend and seek product training to ensure expert knowledge in all assigned products
· Management of the tender process as required by prospects
· Meet or exceed activity requirements such as number of product demonstrations, to reach funnel development objective
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and sell effectively in matrixed prospect environments (from C-Level to user/buyer personas)
· Command of strategic selling process and tools
· Desire to learn
· Effective telephone and email communication abilities
· Ability to provide effective presentations in front of large audiences (5-100 people)
· Skilled at managing large internal project teams required to execute complex sales processes
· A completed degree in any subject (The clients are higher ed and top research institutions, so our client’s team needs to understand what they’re like).
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.