Senior Project Manager
Europäische Reiseversicherung, Philadelphia, MS
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Senior Project Manager
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US is launching new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance that will unite the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
The Senior Project Manager for IT System Transformation is responsible for planning and managing all Munich Re Specialty Insurance systems transformation initiatives towards an end-state vision that transforms, simplifies and modernizes the IT landscape. This role is a key member of the technology team and reports directly to the Head of Systems Transformation within Munich Re Specialty Insurance IT department.
The right candidate possess strong problem solving, planning and people management and will be accountable for day-to-day project and program management with a focus on transforming the IT landscape for MRSI. Critical to the success is creativity in addressing and resolving problems, developing fact-based solutions, deciding what to do when, maintaining focus and providing clear concise communication to team members and stakeholders.
The end-state IT landscape includes the delivery on a Digital Data Landscape that supports Munich Re Specialty Insurance goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks.
- Work collaboratively with the System Transformation team to deliver multiple technology solutions that successfully transform the underlying IT landscape for MRSI.
- Oversees the coordination, management, status reporting and stability of MRSI’s System Transformation Portfolio.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks, set deadlines and assign staff to various deliverables so that each project/change can hit the ground running with the best use of our resources.
- Analyzes financial data of the portfolio including distribution and allocation of resources as well as the implementation and oversight of budgets.
- Performs risk/issue management and appropriate management of critical dependencies, escalating items as appropriate to leadership for timely resolution.
- Ensures that all processes related to a project’s completion are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding MRSI’s TMO set of standards.
- Seeks to improve new and pre-existing processes, continually reevaluate whether each project is meeting the applicable standards and engage in problem solving with stakeholders.
- Provides guidance and support to the Project Managers throughout the project/change lifecycle including ensuring accurate completion of documents, reviewing and aiding outlining the project/change’s scope, budget resources and justification.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and appropriately on a business and/or technical level as required.
- Manages the relationship with all internal/external project stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate the politics and challenges of business transformation programs.
- Supports annual planning and other strategic planning efforts, as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest IT trends and technologies in the industry.
Your profileSuccessful Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- PMP or PMI Certification desired
- 10+ years’ experience as a business project manager, business analyst, project coordinator or related
- Agile methodology experience delivering complex business and IT solutions
- Understand basic commercial and specialty insurance operational and financial metrics
- Proven leadership skills and ability to make decisions
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills, and mentoring/coaching
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, and be adaptive to change
- Ability to work as an effective team member, across diverse backgrounds and skillsets
- Travel may be required (10%)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.