Bird, Santa Monica, CA - United States
Desired areas of expertise:
In the look to make a positive impact in the world?
• Deliver world class fleet operations within your cities, managing all aspects of local operations and optimizing for efficiency and utilization of Bird vehicles
• Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost rider base, rides, and revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space
• Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, government relations, communications, data science, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
• Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
• Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business across urban footprints
• Represent Bird in the community, local media, and in communication with key city stakeholders
• Recruit and build a thriving local ops team; You will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process while managing a growing team of Fleet Leads, Fleet Specialists, and Fleet Technicians
• Create a fun, safe, collaborative, and high energy work culture while developing the next generation of leaders at Bird
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 7+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimising processes, and delivering business goals
• 5+ years of managing a team
• Goal focused with a strong bias toward action
• high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
• Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
• Excellent organization and time management
• Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
• Passion for Bird, its role improving city environments, and an interest in the “share economy” and platform methodology
• Impressive academic record, MBA or advanced degree is a plus
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.