Time Warner Cable_double, Columbus, OH
Desired areas of expertise:
Are you a storyteller at heart? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for our newly launched position of Managing Director.
- Manage digital teams in multiple locations
- Manage editorial content
- encourage innovation and unique story telling techniques
- Collaborate with newsroom leadership in planning and execution of stories, series and big events
- Serve as newsroom leader on editorial choices
- Drive the day to day of a vibrant daily newsroom adhering to many needs with ambitious short term and long-term projects
- Foster a culture of transparency, innovation, and positivity
- Attract and retain talent
- Bring and build on innovative journalistic approaches and thinking
- Partner with the leadership team to help create and drive strategy to help grow reach
- 10+ years relevant newsroom management experience in a fast-paced, constantly evolving digital publishing environment
- Television news experience a plus
- Must have experience editing text stories
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, communications or related work experience
- Impeccable integrity and ability to support our writers and editors in making tough journalistic calls in fast-moving news cycles
- A sound understanding of the evolving digital media landscape
- Deep, applied understanding of the centrality of visual journalism, digital video, and social media to our journalism
- Experience working collaboratively with in-house product/platform teams to figure out more ways to increase the reach of our journalism
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to collaborate with senior newsroom leadership
- Willing to travel frequently
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.