Vice President of Engineering, Mobile
Synaptics, San Jose, CA - United States
Desired areas of expertise:
Do you want ot work with the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices? This is the right company for you
- Lead multiple engineering function teams to develop new products, technologies and applications in the capacitive sensing industry.
- Critical to this role, a successful candidate will be an expert in industry and technology trends, with awareness of key competitive scenarios as well as predicting long range scenarios, goals and objectives
- Able to collaborate and partner effectively within a large and complex organization, leverage the unique capabilities of Synaptics’ existing solutions and architectures, and influence the direction of future solutions and associated revenue growth for Synaptics.
- Optimize and ensure product development processes consistently deliver high quality, low cost, and best overall solution to customers.
- Transition design concepts from architectural proposals to implementations to products for real world customers.
- Work with customers and partners to synthesize customer needs, vendor capabilities, team loading and capabilities to come up with solutions optimal to the businessWorking with CMs, ODMs, IHVs and OEMs on issues identified and provide solutions.
- Lead technical communication with customer and vendors on behalf of Synaptics and business unit.
- Understand the inputs from customers and marry those inputs with a deep understanding of Synaptics human interface solutions technology to drive effective product developments.
- Able to prepare easy to understand, well organized reports and communicate with customers on all technical issues related to product developments.
- Provide leadership to the team in difficult situations including effectively managing with demanding customers.
- Being the technical person from Synaptics in discussion with key customers on product developments issues.
- Work with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders, local and worldwide team members, including suppliers and manufacturers, to ensure best overall product design.
- Manage multiple engineering teams to ensure team members maintain the best morale, efficiency and effectiveness.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or similar.
- 10+ years of experience in leading product or technology development teams, particularly in the semiconductor industry.
- Management experience in consumer electronics product development.
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning, and strong execution and customer management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated business and technical acumen.
- Ability to identify market and business goals that will successful grow unit, revenue and profitability goals.
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams, developing leaders and driving necessary organizational change.
- Established record of success in managing at the executive level down to front line engineering.
- Strong executive-level presence and communication/presentation skills.
- Proven success leading large organizations responsible for critical decision-making with significant business impact.
- Proven success driving portfolio, product adoption, and business growth.
- Strong ability to partner with senior level leaders, and to build respect and influence at all levels with multiple stakeholders, and with customers.
- Must be a good communicator with good interpersonal skills, a team player, and an analytical thinker.
- Actively role models Synaptics’ leadership principles prioritizing serving customers, driving an “ownership” mindset, bringing clarity, and leading through ambiguity.
- Must have a demonstrated capability for managing a global organization.
- Ability to travel to other Synaptics sites for technology exchange
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.