Deputy General Manager
2U, Los Angeles, CA
Desired areas of expertise:
We go beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era.
- With the GM and the Program Director, interfacing directly and regularly with university partners and 2U leadership regarding current and future program performance.
- Internally, serves as a conduit for program execution across all matrix functions with the Program Huddle as the primary vehicle for oversight and accountability.
- Manage all 2U operations related to the university partnership; measure performance of company goals and proactively establish targets for improvement.
- Partner with Dean level, as well as other leadership at the school and across the school to ensure program success
- Act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services.
- Along with the GM, develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university for the programs under the role’s purview; act as the relationship manager for 2U on those programs and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes.
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred- 5 - 7 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Strong project management and relationship management background
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and excellent follow through
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.