Chief Technology Officer
Dolls Kill, San Francisco, CA - United States
Desired areas of expertise:
Fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality is looking for new talent.
- Providing executive leadership and strategic planning in technology solution development, prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development and integration of future technologies into products and services
- Create the IT strategy to meet B2B and B2C customer and client acquisition through ecommerce technology
- Leading the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software solutions conjunction with the Product Management team, lead multiple technology and new product development projects utilising cutting edge technology
- Lead the high-level technology roadmap, and eCommerce platform architecture for the company
- Play a key role in designing and improving our high-availability, enterprise-level website
- Architect technical solutions
- Manage, troubleshoot, and enhance a PWA eCommerce application
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices within the team and to management
- Ensure compliance with web standards and accessibility requirements
- Own customer-facing features; work with design to build out a clean user experiences- Participate in design and code reviews; collaborate with a strong, passionate engineering team
- Work with data analysts and backend engineers to build features and improvement
- Drive achievement of plan outcomes through the development of measurable goals and objectives for technological operations short term and long term.
- Partner with fellow executive management team members to achieve financial targets, redeploy resources to proactively anticipate needs within the business environment.
- Ensure that technology equipment and applications are evaluated against market standards.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a developer/engineer- Significant experience maintaining and managing high-traffic, business critical websites- History of performing site reliability engineering, or being on call for emergency triage / response
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- Ability to architect and implement advanced caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations, or multiple examples of creating and implementing technical designs that improve website speed, security, and scalability
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, containerization, and distributed infrastructure, preferably within AWS
- History of working with deployment pipelines (CI/CD) and able to advise and enhance best practices in order to improve application stability and development velocity.
- Strong understanding of unit and regression tests, with experience creating tests and configuring tools
- Machine Learning experience a strong plus, especially around personalized experiences
- Track record of leading complicated features, bug fixes, and integrations with limited guidance from others- Participate in and improve Agile processes including estimation, backlog grooming, and sprint planning/ retrospectives
- Strong technical and product vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences
- Experience with Vue.js- Production experience with Service Workers and Progressive Web Applications
- Ability to architect, configure, and maintain applications servers- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud infrastructure services.
- Experience consuming and interacting with GraphQL endpoints
- History of developing or maintaining applications powered by decoupled/API-driven backends
- Experience with distributed serverless environments (Lambda@Edge, Cloudflare Workers, etc)
- Ability to make recommendations on UI design and UX best practices- Understanding of eCommerce development features and requirements including PCI compliance
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.