Chief Financial Officer
Pearl Insurance Group, Peoria Heights, IL - United States
Desired areas of expertise:
Looking for a candidate with expert in-depth knowledge, leadership, insight and direction to the financial team to achieve their objectives.
- Direct all of the accounting and finance functions of the organization, including:
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements with comparisons to budgets and key operating performance metrics.
- Preparation of the annual budgets of the Companies, including key statistical information and performance metrics critical to the overall success of the organization.
- Responsible for safeguarding the corporate assets and the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments of the Companies.
- Lead, inspire, motivate, and develop a diverse team of financial professionals to maximize their performance, productivity, and enhance the customer’s experience.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Direct all the corporate compliance duties and responsibilities of the organization, including:
- Conduct or coordinate financial audits of the Company’s accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP and all state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Coordinate the timely preparation and filing of all the required tax returns with our outside independent accountants.
- Preparation of various reports required by our carrier partners and regulatory agencies.- Responsible for assuring compliance with all state and federal Secretary of State and Department of Insurance regulations including licensing of personnel.
- Preparation of all E&S tax filings as required by the states.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.- Assist the operating units in reporting and analyzing project costs to achieve the desired return on investment.
- Provide support in developing financial reports for each product group to assure desired return on investments are met.
- Contribute to the design and development of incentive compensation programs to maximize profits.
- Collaborate with the CEO to identify ongoing business acquisition opportunities or new business targets and conduct a financial analysis of the value of opportunities, building and implementing plans to integrate business opportunities into the Pearl program infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting or related field. MBA a plus.- 10+ years’ financial experience with a minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must possess strong business management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work on an Executive level as part of a high functioning, aggressive, results oriented team.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the insurance industry, trends and developments.
- Requires extensive, proven experience in establishing both long and short term goals, developing comprehensive business plans to achieve those goals and executing said business plans.
- Requires a proven record of exceeding expectations, regarding both financial and non-financial metrics.
- Requires the ability to effectively work with other team members to create a healthy organization and a culture based on trust, cooperation, and commitment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.- Ability to work non-standard hours in emergency situations.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.