Sector Manager, Capital Markets/Managing Director
CoBank, Greenwood Village, CO
Desired areas of expertise:
Manage and lead a capital market sector teams that develops, structures, markets, negotiates and closes transactions.
- Participates in establishing overall profitability targets for assigned capital markets sector team in conjunction with bank and division profitability targets.
- Structures deals for sale to external investors and FCS lenders. Manages relationships with large syndicate lenders in conjunction with the Sales area of the division.
- Analyzes, structures, and obtains underwriting approval for transactions. Assist in the credit approval process by providing market terms and conditions, relative value analysis and explanation of underwriting market conditions.
- Develops and implements plans to capitalize on marketing and new business opportunities.
- Manages key lender relationships, and develops new business. Meets regularly with lending customers and loan investors and gathers information on their businesses, needs, strategic direction, and financing requirements in order to determine business opportunities.
- Serves as primary negotiator on complex credits. Negotiates multi-lender credit facilities, inter-creditor agreements. Negotiates and documents terms and conditions.
- Makes market risk decisions and recommendations at the highest lending limits. Recommends actions in alignment with analysis of credit worthiness. Services loans to protect CoBank interests and minimize loan losses.
- Participates in planning activities for the group. Contributes expertise to the process on areas of responsibility.
- Understands competition's terms and pricing and recommends changes on assigned transactions in order to adjust to market.
- Maintains expertise in a designated market/industry segment and keeps abreast of industry trends, technology, regulatory requirements and the competitive environment. Studies industrial, commercial, and financial situations relating to new or existing businesses as requested. Makes recommendations on financial and organization structure, locations, and other business-related issues. Provides additional guidance or advice to customers as appropriate.
- Supervises and sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources and division leader as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or relevant discipline
- Twelve (12) or more years of experience preferably in banking or financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- Managerial experience preferred.- Expert knowledge of non-recourse and structured financing techniques.
- Familiarity with inter-creditor agreements, syndications and loan participations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industries served as well as products and services similar to those offered by CoBank (including cash management, leasing, tax-exempt bonds).
- Broad of technical standards in target industry, as well as regional and national regulatory requirements.
- Proven expertise in cross marketing and negotiating acceptable structures on large, complex credits.
- Excellent business acumen, and analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage projects and deliver on commitments within tight time frames and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders, including co-op management, boards and councils, prospects, Farm Credit associations, participation banks, accountants and attorneys.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), and other business systems.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.