Associate Director - Capital Markets - New York
Lexius Search, New York City, NY - United States
Desired areas of expertise:
Our client is a global leader in providing expert administrative services and wealth services
to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with
global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions,
fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
The Capital Markets division serves clients who are executing a wide variety of debt-related transactions including structured finance transactions, asset acquisitions and disposals, secured debt issuance, securitisations, and restructurings. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Associated Director to join the Capital Markets Business Development Team.
· Motivate the Capital Markets Administration team in delivering service and support to our clients and the company
· Contribute written collateral and digital content to raise the content of the service line and business
· Liase with attorneys, arrangers, collateral managers, prime brokers and other financial service providers located in various locations around the globe
· Review and assess potential new business including a detailed review of all related transaction documents and the preparation of fee proposals
· Identify key risk areas, ensure regulations are adhered to and provide guidance regarding the ever changing regulatory rules
· Ensure best principles of Capital markets administration for the company and its clients
· Contribute to, and assist in the preparation of annual and long term business plans
· Willingness to travel to market the business
· Develop sales and marketing plans
· Pitch books and individual plans
· Manage an existing portfolio of client and intermediary relationships in accordance with client account plans and strategies; act as relationship manager across jurisdiction and service lines
· Actively identify and develop new client and intermediary relationships in accordance with such plans and strategies
· Follow and understand key developments in the capital markets and the implications of such developments for the company’s clients with a view of identifying business opportunities
· Work with clients and intermediaries to understand the requirements of new transactions and to develop bespoke quotations that are appropriately priced and adequately mitigate the risks involved
· Undertake preliminary assessment in accordance with the company risk policies and adequately mitigate the risks involved
· Produce presentations, reports, and pitch books that are tailored to clients
· Actively support the Head of UK Capital Markets towards achieving sales and performance targets for the business
· Work with the operational teams to ensure a smooth handover of new business, and to help resolve any client concerns regarding any existing services provided
· Ensure that the CRM database is kept up to date with account information, contact information, meetings, call reports, and mandate opportunities
· Actively plan, host and participate in and assist with any marketing initiatives whether conferences, seminars, sporting events, digital content, etc.
Do you have what our clients want?
· The candidate should be able to demonstrate at least five years of professional experience in a similar business development or sales role related to capital markets and have a solid understanding of structured finance
· Established portfolio of clients /contacts
· University Degree in Business/Finance preferred
· Enjoyment of a sales/origination role, strong desire to achieve and a demonstrable track record in originating sales in financial services market
· Excellent knowledge of securitisation and other forms of structured debt transactions and secured lending arrangements
· Wide network of existing contacts among participants in the debt capital markets (issuers/sponsors, law firms, arrangers, etc.)
· Service-minded with high personal standards of work, and a detail-oriented personality
· Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills, with approachable personality
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demanding workload
· Must be commercially driven , self motivated and focused on client service and delivery
· Proven track record of successful sales history and hitting sales targets
Our client wants you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse
environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous
learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. They
also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume in word + a salary indication to
attn: Brigitte Welters
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.