Strategy and Corporate Development Associate
Visible for Experteer Members
Dallas, TX - United States
Senior Specialist / Project Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Corporate Development Associate is responsible for evaluating and executing upon various strategic initiatives for the company. Examples of such activities include mergers and acquisitions, new business initiatives, structural opportunities/alternatives to improve upon the company’s financial performance or flexibility and any other strategic initiatives for the organization as directed by senior management.
- Develops solutions for SC assets using strong knowledge of relevant industry sectors, including specialty finance, banking and insurance including monitoring and analyzing relevant transactions that occur in the marketplace
- Researches and analyzes industries, companies, technology segments, and business models and conduct strategic fit and business opportunity analysis and develop competitive landscape assessments
- Supports the preparation of financial analysis: building company forecast models; assessment of synergies; intrinsic valuation analysis, comparable-based valuation analysis as well as regulatory capital and liquidity analysis
- Participates in the M&A execution team, including leading due diligence efforts and participating in the drafting and review of key M&A contracts and agreements
- Prepares presentations that provides a logically reasoned and data-supported approach for senior executive team
- Acts as a liaison between business, other departments, vendors, consultants and advisors at all levels and maintains effective working relationships with each
- Identifies, analyses and improves existing processes within the organization to meet new goals and objectives
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a repository of up-to-date business policies, procedures, and general due diligence and other marketing material
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MBA, JD or JD/MBA, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant work experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, management consulting or law (with a focus on M&A or corporate finance)
- Strong corporate finance knowledge including financial modeling and valuation
- Strong logic, reasoning and math skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas to senior management concisely and defend their validity
- Highly proactive with outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong administrative and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to adapt and effectively operate within a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Some travel for short periods may be required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Previous M&A experience in financial service preferred
- Previous financial services experience preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.