Director, Strategy and Business Development
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 106 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 4,600 team members across the United States. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Director of Strategy and Business Development serves as a liaison to the executive leadership team on strategic initiatives that position the company for long term sustainable growth. This role will conduct market analysis, study emerging industry trends, and identify strategic needs as it relates to business endeavors between and amongst the various businesses within Curaleaf.
The priorities for the role include:
- Work closely with the executive team, regional Presidents, Business Development, and functional leaders to identify and analyze strategic growth opportunities and operating model improvements for Curaleaf
- Support and collaborate with senior business unit leadership on business plans and key business improvement initiatives including setting and monitoring performance targets
- Develop short-term and long-term market insights leveraging both a brand unit and enterprise-wide perspective, providing thought leadership and analytical support where needed in the organization
- Partner with members of the Finance team to evaluate the current financial performance of the company and identify specific areas in need of improvement
- Develop financial models and present project proposals to the executive team, highlighting how projects are expected to promote or improve sustainable business growth
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and work with key stakeholders and operations to ensure strategic business plans are successfully executed
Experience: 8+ years in corporate strategy, consulting, business development, or related field. Experience leading project teams and direct reports.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
Ability to set strategic vision and direction
Analytical and project management skills
Comfortable giving presentations to all levels of a corporation
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Strong relationship building and consulting skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.