Senior Sustainable Investment Data Analyst
Reference Data & Analytics is part of the Informational Services Division (ISD). The Reference Data & Analytics team is a client focused, technology enabled team, producing High value & unique analytics & data derivations to drive insight and value to our internal and external stakeholders. Reference Data & Analytics is responsible for creating LSEG Intellectual Property by generating ICB Classifications, Free Float and similar data fields based on data standardization from raw data.
For our team based in Fort Mill, we are currently recruiting for an Analyst Position in our Reference Data & Analytics Team. Our Senior Associates are responsible for managing a wide range of data & information on a universe of companies, and for ensuring quality and accuracy in all our Sustainable Investment products which include Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) disclosure of global companies, Climate/Green data, Carbon Data and Product Involvement data. As Senior Associate, you are responsible for a critical function in the Sustainable Investment team, having complete ownership of data used by our clients.
We are looking for individuals with very high attention to detail and who can work under strict delivery timelines. Besides data collection you are expected to be a subject matter expert on various sub themes in our ratings methodology and shall actively contribute towards developing and maintaining various training, methodology and guidance manuals. We are looking for individuals with very high attention to detail and who can work under strict delivery timelines. Besides data management you are expected to become a subject matter expert in sustainability and in capital market functions along with information on companies and securities included in all of Sustainable Investment data models.
- Use deep subject matter expertise to Analyze, Extract, Standardize & Maintain quantitative and qualitative data from multiple information sources including annual reports, websites, and other filings of public and private companies to a high degree of quality following defined policies and business rules
- Develop excellent subject matter expertise on various parts of our data methodology
- Identify and suggest ideas for reducing effort spent on data management and analysis by using automation or by process optimization
- Contribute towards developing and maintaining methodology guidance and quality manuals
- The ability to work effectively with peers, research analysts, and manager – both within the team as well as other teams in multiple time zones.
- Design & Execute key proactive data quality controls to minimize risk by investigation and resolving data exceptions and breaks
- Train & Mentor Data Standardization Analysts, perform Quality Control and provide specific feedback to improve quality over time. Report on results to managers, including root cause and actions plans for improvement
- Develop strong subject matter expertise on how data is used by stakeholders and clients and ensure that internal processes align to deliver customer satisfaction
- Resolve and answer client questions in an accurate and timely manner, by collaboration with Customer Engagement, Product and Technology as required
- Lead virtual teams in activities to reduce effort spent on data management and analysis by using automation or by process optimization, often by use of 6Sigma or similar industry standard tools
- Own key processes end to end, and develop and maintain methodology guidance, & quality rules and documentation
- Work effectively with peers, research analysts, and manager – both within the team as well as other teams in multiple time zones.
· This is an Individual Contributor role
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Excellent numerical ability, attention to detail and the ability to collect and analyse large datasets.
· Experience working in report creation, modelling, and trend forecasting
· Excellent English Language Skills (write, read, talk)
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently with high degree of ownership
· Ability to meet strict weekly timeliness and quality standards established by the department
· Ability to multi-task and be results driven
· Experience with ESG factors, carbon expertise and sustainability
· Languages skills like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact email@example.com. If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.Full time