Product Design Manager
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates10/11/2019 to 10/25/2019
Pay scale & grade
$117,191 to $152,352 per year
Permanent - Full-time
Full-Time - Career/Career Conditional
1 vacancy in the following location:
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employees - Competitive service
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
- Land & base management
- Military spouses
- Family of overseas employees
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authorities
This position is located in Washington, DC in the Product Design Division (POD), Office of Product Development (OPD), Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Directorate in the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). The design of banknotes is a critical element of the Banknote Development Process (BDP).
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-BEP-340. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a Product Design Manager, you will:
- Manage a product design team responsible for new and existing currency and security products.
- Oversee and guide the planning and execution of currency and security product design.
- Responsible for the successful execution of creative and artistic direction of currency and security products as defined by stakeholder needs, requirements and as per the direction of the Secretary of the Treasury.
- Leverage the evolving banknote development process (BDP) to design innovative new currency products/platforms.
- Establish and facilitate the development and sustainment of a modern, efficient design environment.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month