IT Risk Administration Manager
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Risk Information Technology (IT) Administration Manager is a senior member of the Innovation and IT Risk Management (IITRM) organization and perform activities consistent with the second line of defense. The IT Risk Manager will influence enterprise innovation and set strategy and vision for management of enterprise IT risk. The IT Risk Manager will oversee a team of IT risk professionals responsible for enterprise IT risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting (IMMMR) activities in accordance with the enterprise strategy and IT risk appetite.
- Oversees a team of IT risk professionals that will conduct IT project risk assessments and reviews, 3rd party/vendor IT risk reviews, targeted IT risk assessments, and other project reviews as identified across all aspects of Information Technology, including application development, cyber security, enterprise architecture, business continuity and disaster recovery, and change management
- Manages the development and evolution of standardized IT risk policies and procedures
- Develops Enterprise IT Risk Appetite Statements and supporting metrics and conduct challenge of the 1st line risk profile in accordance with approved statements
- Stays abreast of innovative business and technology trends in IT security, risk, and controls and advise leadership on technology initiatives that support these trends
- Develops and manages executive stakeholder relationships, ensuring IT risk personnel are embedded in strategic business units
- Oversees IT risk scanning program to identify applicable regulatory or emerging risks from industry changes or releases to regulatory guidance and requirements
- Manages targeted reviews of internal risk and control assessments on current and/or emerging IT risks
- Develops and oversees program to track and report on Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for Information Technology
- Uses subject matter expertise to provide independent challenge of Business Units’ processes for identification and assessment of IT risks and controls by performing activities such as process-level walkthroughs, control testing, etc.
- Develops and manages reporting to effectively communicate key risks, findings, and recommendations for improvement and discuss results with key stakeholders and relevant committees including reporting to the Board of Directors
- Provides regular coaching and development of IT Risk Associates to ensure growth and maturity of the team and ITRM program
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology, System Development, and Information Security including key existing and emerging risks
Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding of risk management functions, including IT Audit, Cyber Security, and/or IT compliance
- Experience in a Financial Institution and/ or Public Accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization (up to and including Senior and Executive Management)
- Receptive to guidance from manager and able to effectively communicate results to manager
- Excellent leadership skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
Position TypeFull time
Location DetailsRegions Plaza Atlanta