Senior Referral Underwriter, Excess Casualty, National Insurance-102179
Advance Your Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company
Provides expert technical underwriting assistance and formal referral approval for Excess Casualty underwriting. Interacts with field underwriters on all mandatory referrals and voluntary consultation items. Performs quality file reviews looking for trends and training opportunities. Develops and facilitates underwriter training. Fosters a cooperative and collaborative relationship with the field and strives for creative solutions without compromising standards. Visits field offices as needed. Acts as a liaison to Excess Casualty product management, works closely with Middle Market and National Insurance Casualty on appetite and strategy alignment.
- Evaluate, conduct and document referrals from underwriters on accounts or coverage with higher hazards, higher complexity, higher limits, and/or larger premium for Excess Casualty; identify creative solutions and build underwriter expertise and confidence while protecting the company's assets.
- Facilitate ongoing and frequent interaction with underwriters outside of required referral activities building underwriter confidence and expertise.
- Visit field offices to conduct referrals in person, participate in field underwriting file reviews, and conduct training sessions.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Training, Systems Development, Product Management and other functions
- Participate in or lead significant projects of large scope and complexity.
- Perform high-level quality file reviews to identify quality gaps and training opportunities.
- Expert-level knowledge of all aspects of coverage forms, exclusions, pricing, structure, rating, market knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance operations; claims, finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; loss control/risk engineering; reinsurance; account management; product development; and industry trends.
- Must be a skilled collaborator who is willing to assess all sides of an issue, bring in others with expertise, and have the ability to advance the collaboration model.
- Other professional skills required include: advanced communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, listening); approachability; tact; analyzing and problem solving; relationship and service driven; negotiation skills; and demonstrated ability to consistently and positively influence others as normally acquired through a related bachelor's degree, 10 or more years of relevant experience that includes coaching/developing others, working with brokers/agents and familiarity with market trends and developments.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
US-TX-Plano, US-CA-Orange, US-CA-San Francisco, US-NY-New York, US-IL-Chicago, US-OH-Fairfield, US-GA-Lawrenceville
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Philadelphia Fair Chance Law
For Philadelphia applicants, please click here for additional information.
Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance
For Los Angeles applicants, please click here for additional information.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
For San Francisco applicants, please click here for additional information.