Manager, Global Social Media
Position: Manager, Global Social Media
Location: Seattle, WA
HTC Corporation is a diversified consumer electronic and enterprise company across Virtual Reality (VR) and Smartphones. The company’s VR division, HTC Vive, is a market leader in VR and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of VR hardware and accessories for enterprise, consumers, and SMBs.
Summary: The Manager, Global Social Media is a critical global leadership role within HTC’s communication team. This role will lead the creation of social campaigns across HTC’s lines of business. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple platforms, analyzing platform performance and investment, and enabling regional social teams to execute on global campaigns. In addition, the team is seeking a communicator with a vision and execution-oriented approach for social media content.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop universal social media strategy (creative, community management, paid, organic) with a constant drive for improvement
- Contribute to brand voice standards on creative, content and storytelling that clearly positions HTC’s brand across multiple channels
- Develop and oversee brand channel strategies with strong KPIs to strengthen HTC’s global social community across business units
- Ensure HTC’s brand and reputation are positively enhanced by social media activities; collaborating with PR team to actively manage customer feedback issues
Implementation & Measurement
- Develop and direct social media campaigns building awareness for HTC products and services, brand engagement and online conversion
- Become an internal and external voice for HTC’s social media story, participating in best practice sharing and creative idea generation.
- Capitalize on opportunistic partner engagements across HTC brands
- Lead the development and implementation of a variety of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, and other content methods that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies as well as applying social insights to the broader business (e.g. trends on Instagram or LinkedIn to inform visual content development).
- Communicate program strategies and results consistently to create transparency and visibility into the progression of the program.
- 8 years developing & managing complex integrated marketing programs in an agency or corporate environment
- Experience in defining a consumer brand voice and in implementing a corresponding strategy across channels
- Record of tangible business results driven via social media platforms
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, idea driven; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and assertive.
- A strong record integrating with both corporate communications and marketing
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of organic and paid elements of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube is a must
- Experience developing highly creative social media campaigns and the ability to implement innovative ideas in ways that create social sharing and PR attention
- Pluses for candidates with PR experience and/or editorial content creation
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.