Director, OMNI Strategy
Nestlé, Arlington, VA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
The consumer / shopper journey from awareness to conversion is experiencing an unprecedented change. From emerging eCommerce shopping platforms (grocery pick-up and delivery) to significant advancements in retailer CRM and digital media, the CPG retail marketing landscape has changed forever. Winning in this environment requires skills in; Consumer Marketing, Professional selling, Technology, Media and understanding Omni Channel commerce.
The OMNI Strategy Director leads the OMNI Strategy team for NUSA with teams dedicated to each of our four Divisions. This Team of eBusiness, Consumer Promotion/Marketing Services and Retail Marketing experts are responsible for developing a comprehensive OMNI Channel Marketing and Sales Strategy. This role is accountable to ensure the four Division facing teams develop comprehensive strategies to win with our consumers through our customers in an OMNI Retail environment and collaborate effectively with Sales, Marketing, Finance and OMNI Field resources. The role guides the Senior Agency/vendor partner relationships for Retail Marketing efforts and ensures best in class process and creative is implemented by each category.
This role will be located in Arlington, VA. Travel up to 25%.
Key Measures of Success: Achievement of Sales performance targets, Enhancing Brand OMNI presence, Improved Partner engagement and capabilities in OMNI Commerce. Lead OMNI Strategy and Division Team development of strategic plans to drive demand and conversion in the OMNI space
- Represent the OMNI Leadership team with the Divisions to establish the OMNI Growth Roadmap for NUSA including Vision, Critical Strategies to win, Best Practices, Training and Recruiting.
- Establish strategic framework for OMNI Strategy Team and deeply engage with Division Teams to integrate and align OMNI Strategies into Division Commercial Plans.
- Establish and lead implementation of outstanding strategy and commercial integration of OMNI, CP and Market Services into the Commercial Plans of the each Category/Division.
- Ensure strong financial acumen and transparency of commercial investments with both Sales and Marketing Leadership of Division to improve demand generation efficiency and detailed execution.
- Roll-out strategy and process for NUSA on eSearch and Digital Shelf content (with support from OMNI Capability Team and Brand Teams)
- Lead relevant Agency, Mar-Tech and Analytical processes for OMNI Strategy Team including agency T2T and capabilities, Vendor and Mar-Tech Strategy to facilitate outstanding process, Analytical Strategy to drive Investment Strategy.
- Lead NUSA OMNI Strategy Team development and performance culture to; build functional capability, team work of a distributed team and performance excellence to ultimately export talent to the broader organization.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE + SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Shopper Marketing/eCommerce
- 10 years of experience in Marketing and CPG Sales
- 8+ years of experience leading teams
- Knowledge of Nestlé and its trade customer base
- Relocate to the Arlington, VA market
- Shown experience in building and developing teams
- Strong influencing & collaboration skills
- Experience running external promotional agencies
- Deep understanding of focus retailers and their go-to-market strategies and capabilities
- Corporate priorities, merchandise strategy, strengths, weaknesses and marketing assets
KEY FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business driving technology solutions (i.e. IRI, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends
- Knowledge of core Business Processes and Fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated Commercial Planning, Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles)
Nestlé Leadership Framework Competencies: Leaders: Insight, Energize and Engage, Enable Results through others, Coach and Develop, Influence with Integrity, Courage
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.