NPI & Materials Program Manager (e-commerce)
Sony Computer Entertainment, San Mateo, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
NPI & Materials Program Manager (E-Commerce)
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) - PlayStation is continuing to build our e-commerce platform. This role is an e-commerce program manager position within our our Supply Chain organization, and it will support development of e-commerce initiatives. This will include; program managing new products launching in the platform, inventory management, planning and fulfillment operations and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to track and provide milestones on different initiatives. If this sounds like you, then apply today. Join us at PlayStation!
- Accountable for varied activities and milestones management across the E2E supply chain to achieve overall business objectives for a project, including commercial success.
- Identify gaps in existing business processes and driving continuously improvement activities to close them.
- Drives functional and regional alignment on launch plans integrating with S&OP processes.
- Validates post-launch outcome against business case (COGs, GP, volume, asset efficiency and inventory goals).
- Collaborate within the Supply Chain team and with broader cross-functional partners to support all new product launches, customer pipeline orders, product transitions, etc
- Provides transparency and escalates issues in order to manage troubleshooting and provides proper Supply Chain resolution.
Materials Planning & Inventory Management
- Leverages available systems (i.e. SAP) to create and release purchase orders to move FG and support forecast
- Accountable to ensure delivery on a timely basis, escalating issues with logistics team to ensure best in class service
- Manages inventory by collaborating with supply planning team to ensure product availability and by placing orders to avoid material shortages and keep within capacity and receiving constraints, and reducing obsolete material
- Plans packaging materials for short and long lead time items in collaboration with the Procurement team
- Ensure reconciliation of all POs and inventories via month-end close process
- Mitigate P&L impact of excess and obsolete inventory through analysis and collaboration with other members of Supply Chain
- Manage transition of production planning into MRP system without any interruptions to Supply Chain activities
Warehouse Program Management
- Identifies and troubleshoots technical issues across internal/external stakeholders, as well as NPI related issues.
- Works cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to analyze the E-Commerce business, gather operation needs and provides operational process recommendations
- Communicates NPI related information downstream in a timely manner to closely execute fulfillment plans.
- Supports and develops supply chain overview for business internal reporting and communication to the DTC stakeholders.
- Supports development of warehouse QBR's & KPI's, development of presentation.
- Bachelor's degree in business, project and/or Supply Chain Management
- At least 7 years professional experience in Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Distribution or Logistics
- Ability to prioritize and manage to closure multiple tasks required by the department workload
- Proactive and hands-on approach for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growing business unit
- Perpetually curious, always seeking to improve your understanding of PlayStation's DTC business and identify new improvement opportunities by questioning assumptions and taking initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with the ability to push "quick wins" to execution by handing off to and influencing other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with Ability to work with cross functional teams such as technology, engineering, analytics, finance, marketing, product development, logistics/warehousing, and vendors and suppliers
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically with a persistent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to distill necessary information to cross-functional partners
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- Master's degree/MBA is preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.