Principal IAM Technical Program Manager - Relocate to Austin, TX
Whole Foods Market, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
This position will be based with the Global Technology Team in Austin, TX.
- Drive the execution of the next generation of IAM security technologies including owning the overall roadmap, producing regular status updates, and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise
- Drive the project management and delivery of key partners for new IAM platforms that will directly drive security improvements
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders across Whole Foods Market and associated organizations
- Lead cross-functionally to accelerate the development and deployment of new security features
- Proactively identify and resolve challenges and issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, business, and technical goals
- Own the overall roadmap as the IAM Technical Program Manager producing status update and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise
- Establishes IAM security architecture and strategies
- Securely manage the identity lifecycle including user authentication and authorization for on premise and cloud solutions
- Developing solutions using a cloud first approach within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Lead security projects from initial conception through design, testing and implementation
- Evaluate vendor solutions to ensure they meet technology and cloud standards, as well as all applicable architecture considerations
- Take part in an after-hours on-call support rotation and implement solutions, patching and deployment activities after hours as needed
- Defines and leads in the design of programs that support and align with cloud-based online service strategies and engineering requirements for evolving security services, mechanisms, and safeguards
- Develops metrics that demonstrate the current risk state, indicators of progress, and IAM business alignment
- Engages with development teams during operational security reviews and provides leadership and security design guidance
- Monitors technology and security developments and ensures the company’s security framework follows industry best practices
- Advanced understanding of standard identity management tools, technologies, and processes
- Plays a key and influential role working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- 7+ years designing and managing Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) solutions
- 2+ years of Technical Program Management experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams
- 2+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including management of IAM roles and automation of infrastructure deployment across multiple AWS accounts
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading large security access system upgrades/projects using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Advanced understanding of IAM solutions and related technologies including Azure AD, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), Kerberos, LDAP, claims, group and role mapping, PKI, PIM, DNS, DHCP and GPO implementations
- Proven expertise designing and implementing solutions leveraging OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, WS Fed, and MFA
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related IT work experience in a global information technology environment
- MSCE and CISSP (preferred)
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.