Senior IT Project Manager - Relocate to Austin, TX
Whole Foods Market, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Lead delivery efforts through scoping, design, development, testing and deployment phases for projects required to deliver new category management capabilities; including efforts in the assortment planning, space planning and merchandise financial planning areas of the business
- Deliver projects by leading cross-functional teams and working in a matrix-based environment requiring strong partnerships with vendors, internal business stakeholders and other internal IT development teams
- Ensure close management of project scope, schedule, resources, budget, issues and risks
- Proactively manage issues and mitigate risks to enable on time delivery within budget and with expected scope/quality
- Represent project status, issues and risks effectively with senior leadership, with a high degree of professional confidence and credibility
- Understand project stakeholder goals, expectations and assess impact to overall release management strategies
- In conjunction with delivery leadership, plan the overall solution release/delivery approach based on the project business and technical objectives
- Create project work plans clearly capturing key project milestones and dependencies
- Manage project teams comprised of team members and contractors
- Define team member roles and expectations to support overall project delivery
- Build and maintain relationships with IT teams within other programs and work to identify key dependencies between different large programs that could impact project delivery timelines
- 5+ years of project management experience in leading enterprise software delivery and system integration efforts to support key business initiatives
- Proven track record of building and driving efficient teams, while leveraging interpersonal skills to improve relationships and meet common objectives
- Strong and efficient vendor management skills, with the ability to liaise with vendors to create win-win partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to explain solution concepts and technologies to business leaders, while also having an ability to explain business concepts to technologists
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, and an affinity for managing and maintaining various simultaneous tracks of work
- Must possess a high degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent program status, issues and risks with senior business and technology leadership
- Ability to work across business lines to influence and effect change to achieve company goals
- Working knowledge of varying project management methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile principles and practices
- Retail background or food industry experience a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Fearless – not afraid to suggest or back big ideas
This position is based in Austin, TX with up to 10% time spent traveling to software partner offices, WFM regional offices and/or WFM store locations.
We offer great benefits and a friendly work atmosphere with open books, open doors and open people. We also encourage you to have a life! That's why our team members have chosen us as one of FORTUNE® magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" every year since the list began in 1998. Whole Foods Market is the world's leading natural and organic foods supermarket retailer. Our philosophy is to satisfy and delight our customers – and to support Team Member happiness and excellence. Why? We believe that each and every team member is a valued contributor.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.