Director - Corporate Communications: Marketing and Corporate Comm
Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood, FL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Director leads day-to-day operations of PR/Media, Social Media, and Reputation Management and collaborates on content development with marketing leadership, operations, the Foundation, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer to drive the desired outcomes. As a storyteller for Memorial Healthcare System and Joe DiMaggio Children¿s Hospital, the Director develops and integrates content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive new business, customer/patient engagement, retention, and positive customer behavior.
• Leads day-to-day operations of PR and Media with shared oversight of Social Media, exercising judgment to prioritize media inquiries and opportunities, as well as, prepares talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed to address such inquiries and opportunities.
• Provides on-call coverage for crisis and media issues and is serves as one of Memorial¿s key spokespersons.
• Leads Reputation Management program, growth and initiatives to protect and expand the organization¿s reputation in the ratings and reviews arena
• Establishes and deploys a brand journalism model to facilitate telling of the MHS and JDCH stories. Manages the online newsroom, employing brand journalism principles and practices; monitors and actively engages in social channels.
• Recommends strategies to develop key audiences using content marketing techniques and tools. Leads and contributes to content process and workflow that supports the rapid development and deployment of content across multiple platforms. (Media, social media, web, print, etc.)
• Develops strategies, plans and expertise in social media and digital communications
Education equivalent experience:
• Bachelors Communication or related field.
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. The incumbent must be able to lead others and take appropriate action when required. Solid writing, editing skills and communication skills.
Required Work Experience: At least 8 years of leading Corporate Communications, experienced in crisis communications, social media and reputation management. Experience in strategic communications plan and content strategy.
••Bachelors in Communication or related field.••
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Dust 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
Since its inception in 1953, Memorial Healthcare System has been a leader in providing high-quality healthcare services to South Florida residents. Today, it is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the nation with over 13,000 team members and highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered care. Memorial's patient, physician and employee satisfaction rates are some of the most admired in the country, and the system is recognized as a national leader in quality healthcare.
Memorial has a reputation as one of Florida's leading healthcare systems and is supported by a distinguished medical staff. In fact, the vast majority of physicians are board certified or board qualified in their specialties and have been trained at many of the nation's finest medical schools and hospitals. Because of its distinguished medical staff and services, Memorial draws patients from South Florida and beyond.
Many prestigious healthcare awards have been earned by Memorial Healthcare System and its facilities. The accolades include: Modern Healthcare magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Florida Trend magazine's Best Companies to Work for in Florida, 100 Top Hospitals, Consumer Choice Award, Best-Run Hospital, Best Nursing Staff, Best Pediatric Hospital and Best Maternity Hospital.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.