General Manager 1, Distribution Center - Gainesville, FL
Nordstrom, Gainesville, FL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading operations teams in a single Distribution Center location with as many as 60-80 associates . Reporting to the Sr Director of Supply Chain Operations, this position directly manages a team of both support and operations, focused on efficiency of day-to-day operations, cost reductions, key programs and capital projects affecting the building, and general management of all processing duties.
This is a leadership position that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active role in the management of our supply chain network. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and efficiency at scale.
A day in the life...
- Strategic in nature and is the functional leader of the building. This level of management takes a leading, deciding, driving and integrating approach to managing the organization.
- Supervises support and Department Managers across all shifts—responsible for all processing functional areas in achieving our customer promise through goals of safety, team and results
- Fosters and leads a collaborative culture with supporting department, HR, engineering, Learning and development, Loss prevention and inventory accuracy
- Assists in the recruiting, training and development of managers and employees
- Drives effective communication across processing areas to ensure building alignment to goals and key initiatives
- Participates as key stakeholder in building level process, capital or other improvement projects; partners with Seattle/Corporate teams as necessary
- Develop a culture within the facility that fosters associate engagement, ownership and Lean / continuous improvement
- Drive and own facility change management supporting key Supply Chain imparities and strategies
- Responsible for achieving defined operational metrics
- Plans programs to achieve high-level business objectives established by top-level management.
- Achieves expense objectives within assigned area
- Lead and promote LEAN philosophy across all production areas to ensure continuous improvement in processes and procedures
You own this if you have…
- A minimum of 8 years of Supply Chain leadership experience. Graduate-level degree in related discipline a plus.
- Demonstrated capability in managing large teams, in verbal and written communications skills and in creating effective relationships to influence and collaborate.
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision making
- Proven ability to build effective teams and lead through influence and collaboration
- Ability to develop reliable, cost effective systems and procedures
- Demonstrated success at identifying, developing and retaining quality talent
- Ability to relocate for future growth mobility to other Supply Chain locations
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at .
© 2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.