Global Head Evidence Generation
Michael Page International, Zürich
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Global, strategic role in Healthcare Industry
- Opportunity to lead the establishment of integrated evidence generation plan
CompanyOur client is one of the global pharmaceutical companies that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products.
- Define required capabilities and implement excellence standards for Phase IV non-interventional and ISS studies
- Enable cross-functional teams in becoming leaders in generation and utilization of RWE in innovative ways
- Provide strategic oversight to the Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) and ensure oversight and internal communication of all ongoing company-supported IISs
- Engage with external stakeholders such as opinion leaders, research organizations and database owners
- As the Phase IV Research Board (PRB) Chair, evaluate proposals submitted by regional Medical Directors, affiliates and partners
- Ensure alignment of clinical study proposals with relevant company brand strategy
- Develop and implement concepts for training of internal Medical staff on compliant support of company-sponsored studies and follow-up of IISs
- Maintenance of excellent working relationships with KOLs, specifically those involved in clinical studies
- Ensure that evidence generation is an integral part of overall publication and communication plan
- As applicable, effective management of external vendors, e.g. Contract Research Organizations
- Scientific (Ph.D., Pharm. D.) or medical education (M.D.); epidemiology degree would be advantageous
- Deep understanding of drug development, HEOR, market access and healthcare systems. Significant experience in Clinical Development, with a strong track record in planning, creation and analysis of Phase IV and RWE
- ≥ 10 years relevant industry experience, including Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development at HQ or affiliate level, including planning, creation and analysis of RWE (prospective and retrospective studies)
- Experience with regulatory, safety and legal implications of Clinical Development, Phase IV and RWE as well broader Medical Affairs activities
- Strong Medical Affairs skills (study design, management and conduct of studies, study evaluation and interpretation, medical writing skills, expert panel conduct, symposium and workshop management, KOL management, presentation development, training skills, …)
- Works and champions ideas at international level and applies entrepreneurial thinking and spirit in work environment
- Strong customer / stakeholder orientation with the ability to continuously expand market knowledge
- Examines and understands issues from multiple perspectives or points of view, readily sees inter-relationships and cause-and-effect relationships; takes a systematic approach to successfully resolving issues
- Works effectively in cross-functional teams (e.g., Clin Dev., pre-clinical R&D, Safety, Med. Writing, HE, Marketing, Mark. Res., etc.)
- Displays strong organizational as well as time and budget management skills; reliable in adhering to budget, completing tasks and delivering on commitments in a timely manner
DealLeading role in a global organisation
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.