Staff IT Project Manager
Dexcom, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Plans and coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like. Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the business partners as conduit to IT for their functional area.
- Aid in articulation of business processes that drive technical requirements.
- Lead Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical personnel in requirement definition for new technology as well as improvements to current technologies.
- Lead prioritization of competing requirements with business stakeholders.
- Understand technical, resource and schedule implications of business decisions.
- Work with technical system leads to determine project timing and resourcing requirements.
- Set project scope, priorities, milestones and deliverable schedules.
- Lead cross-functional project teams via project methodology (Agile, Hybrid) optimized for required deliverables.
- Drive execution of project deliverables.
- Present to internal IT, business functional, and executive steering committees.
- Monitor execution and report status, risks and issues with the business stakeholders.
- Manage all change control activities.
- Develop and lead project team to deliver initiatives on-time and on/under budget.
- Deliver solutions to requirement specifications that provide efficiency and scalability to Dexcom.
- Experience with Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience in managing customer experience software implementation projects.
- Experience with telecommunications and/or omni-channel solutions.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, understands business needs and brings proactive solutions to the team.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional team to results.
- Experience supporting a IT technical organization
- Experience in defining technical requirements, conducting Level of Effort analyses, bottoms-up project planning
- 6+ years of experience in a technical project management position.
- 3+ years of Agile project management experience.
- Background in technical capabilities as well as business processes.
- Medical device and/or pharmaceutical experience.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Experience with one or more of these following applications is a plus - Oracle EBS, Oracle Fusion, SalesForce, Oracle Service Cloud and diverse infrastructure projects.
- Project Management certifications are a plus.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master's degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
- Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.