Building Information Model Specialist
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Boston, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
As part of the Global Engineering and Capital Project Management group, assist with management of facility drawings, models, associated data and documentation for four major R&D facilities and several commercial offices worldwide.
Working with Vertex colleagues, external partners, and industry resources, the successful candidate will gain a better understanding of design requirements for both commercial and technical facilities and of how BIM information is developed and used for Project Development and Facilities Management.
- Generate and modify Vertex Building Models and drawings and associated documentation via CMMS
- Assist in the development of Engineering Documentation Standards and Procedures for all regulated and non- regulated facilities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of AutoCAD and Revit templates and formats.
- Assist in establishing BIM platform as an operational standard. Assist in the development and maintenance of corporate BIM standards.
- Assist the Engineering Managers in gathering information related to prospective projects.
- Coordinate project management responsibilities related to new systems implementation.
- Manage the setup and preparation of project models and drawings during planning and design stage of projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and Technicians to monitor project progress and ensure accurate models and drawings that are completed on schedule.
- Participate in process engineering drawing walk downs and make appropriate changes, as necessary.
- Author and ensure all GMP drawings are approved in QDoCCS.
- Work with end users and QA to ensure engineering documentation and drawings are in an audit-ready state as applicable for GMP and GLP areas.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with all clients. Effectively work with cross department team leaders to achieve corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.