Regulatory and Safety Pharmacist- Drug Information, Full-time, Days
Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Maintains oversight of compliance with USP 795/797/800
- Maintains oversight of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and laws and ensures readiness for audits and surveys in collaboration with Drug Information/Policy, Medication Safety, and Pharmacy Leadership
- Directs management of controlled substance inventory and maintains appropriate documentation in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Oversees the management and use of medication error information
- Investigates patient safety issues
- Promotes event reporting throughout the organization to maintain a fair and just culture
- Advises optimization of the smart pump library utilizing infusion data
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency standards and laws including The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), and local, state, and federal laws
- Collaborates with pharmacy, nursing, and medical leadership to ensure a model of continuous regulatory readiness
- Provides safety assessments and facilitates change to improve patient safety based on identified risks
- Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to develop drug diversion prevention and response strategies within the organization
- Leads the planning, designing, implementing, evaluating, and maintaining hospital wide processes to support process improvement initiatives, as well as plans to address noncompliance
These individuals are:
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Illinois or the ability to obtain an Illinois license within 90 days of hire and are in good standing with the board of pharmacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Completed an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program or at least 3 years of pharmacy practice experience
- Experienced in regulatory, compliance, and/or safety pharmacy (preferred)
- Completed an ASHP-accredited PGY2 pharmacy residency in Medication-Use Safety and Policy or Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership (preferred)
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.