Project Manager; CMO Quality Initiatives
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is a highly-motivated and meticulous individual with excellent problem-solving and communication skills looking to join a vibrant work environment in a maturing and evolving Health System. He/she will focus on new and existing initiatives and work collaboratively with leadership and staff across hospitals, departments and service lines to manage projects aligned with the Health System's quality, patient safety and overall patient experience goals. The Project Manager will work closely with internal team members, stakeholders, collaborators, and participating facilities to ensure that projects are conducted in a timely manner in order to achieve goals. The Project Manager will plan, manage and execute performance improvement plans and activities in support of the Health System Chief Medical Officer.
Provide project management support to system-wide projects related to the quality, patient safety and patient experience outcomes of the member hospitals of Mount Sinai Health System. Identify major phases, implementation sub-steps, key stakeholders, timelines, resource needs, and potential obstacles for each project to build a comprehensive project plan. Utilize project management tools and methodologies to track and communicate status of projects.
Provide direction and regular updates to the project team, ensuring the team is informed of all project changes, decisions and metrics that may affect the success of the project. Develop appropriate communication plans and strategies to ensure information is openly communicated.
Serve as an operational resource for internal team members for expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of project-specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
Develop and oversee the processes associated with process and outcomes measurement, data tracking and data reporting. Ensure the utilization of clinical and administrative data to support the identification of quality issues and improvement opportunities, drive prioritization and enhance decision-making and monitoring. Perform ad hoc analyses as needed to support project planning and implementation.
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within the system in order to obtain information and content from leaders and front-line staff to foster successful project completion.
Develop and manage best-practices and tools for improvement, plan execution, and project management.
Coordinate project site monitoring activities, and may participate in site monitoring associated with initiation, closeout, and audit visits as required.
- Adhere and assist with clinical operations and project specific quality documents (for example: SOPs, work plans/practices, training guides).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Completion of Master's Degree (preferred)
MINIMUM RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Project management experience in clinical environment with an operational focus preferred
- Demonstrated success in the use of data-driven methodologies, analytics and statistics to meet goals
- Strong understanding of and ability to perform in a data-driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated agility in an ever growing and fast paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Professional attitude – comfortable working in a corporate setting populated by diverse types of people and able to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team
- Proven track record of delivering measurable results
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and a "can-do" attitude when faced with challenges or problems.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to ensure focus on high impact/value-added activities.
- Consensus builder among teams and cross functional groups with differing objectives and priorities.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.