Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health - CA/NV/HI
ThermoFisher, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad|US - California - Irvine|US - California - Los Angeles|US - California - San Diego|US - California - San Francisco|US - California - San Jose
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health – California, Nevada, and Hawaii position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Based remotely in California.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health – California, Nevada, Hawaii with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical Reproductive Health Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and ideally will possess strong technical acumen, experience selling molecular genetic technologies into the Clinical and Reproductive Health market, and the consultative sales skills necessary to drive both instrument sales and assay implementation in the Reproductive Health space.
The Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health (RPH TSS) is responsible for growing Thermo Fisher's Reproductive Health portfolio which spans the Reproductive Health continuum from pre-conception carrier screening to preimplantation screening, to prenatal and postnatal testing. The RPH TSS role is both a sales role and also serves as a technical resource for RH customers in territory and across a highly matrixed sales organization.
The Reproductive Health Sales Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will be a results oriented self-starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, and excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, and closing.
What will you do?
- Scientific Consulting Acumen- Candidate demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
- Consumable and Instrumentation Sales Acumen - Successfully maintains current business and drives new assay implementation at Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Laboratories in commercial reference labs and large academic medical centers. Consults with customers to build relationships and focus on Molecular and Cytogenomic laboratory needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
- Business Acumen – Understands the Reproductive Health market and landscape, is committed to rigorous territory planning, accurate and timely forecasting, and is driven to grow our market share in the Reproductive Health space.
- Team Work - Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
- Effectively competes to win over the competition. Understands customer goals, priorities, and challenges and successfully positions our solutions to address clinical customer needs.
- Manages Reproductive Health assay utilization in Molecular Genetic, Cytogenomic, and IVF accounts and laboratories.
- Drives additional Reproductive Health assay utilization across the territory and targets new customers for conversion to our assays and instrumentation.
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred.
- 3+ years of strategic sales experience in Reproductive Health or Clinical/Life Sciences with consistent achievement of sales goals.
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement.
- Experience selling Microarray, Next-Generation Sequencing, qPCR, and other molecular genetic assays and technologies.
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, reimbursement, guidelines, and environments.
- Ability to travel over 50% within the territory.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.