Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
SimVentions, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for an Information System Security Officer to join our team to provide cybersecurity support.
- Develop, review, and provide inputs to and comments on systems acquisition, engineering, and cyber-related documentation
- Support, participate in, provide inputs to, and capture minutes for various technical interchange meetings, working groups, risk boards, cross-product teams and other associated meetings as required
- Research cybersecurity topics relevant to the system and provide assessments on modifications to Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity policy requirements to determine impacts to systems and platform cybersecurity posture
- Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in executing their duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the information system(s) adheres to DoD, DON, and NAVSEA cybersecurity policies.
- Ensure an incident response, business continuity, disaster recovery, as well as vulnerability and threat reporting policies and channels are in place and that team members are trained accordingly
- Supports the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program.
- Manages the information system(s) software and hardware compliancy through DADMS/DITPR-DON administration.
- Establishes/maintains a secure computing environment by monitoring, controlling, and managing unauthorized changes in system configuration, software, and hardware
- Determine if proposed changes will introduce new vulnerabilities or negate the mitigation of existing risks and provide recommendations
- Supports integration, installation, and testing of computing environment changes
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in system and/or cyber engineering within the combat/weapon systems arena
- Certified as minimum DoD 8570 IAT Level II or IAM Level III
- In-depth understanding and practical working knowledge of cyber-related DoD, DON, NAVSEA, NIST, CNSSI governance, guidance, and policies, and general knowledge of the Information Assurance Technical Authority (IA TA) Standards
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the related NIST 800-53 security controls and the tailoring process and experience developing accreditation packages
- Experience with DoD cybersecurity tools including Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM), and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Ability to develop technical presentations for diverse audiences (e.g. developers, system engineers, programmatic stakeholders, and Navy officials and personnel)
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
Education: BS in Computer Science / Information Systems related field (preferred)
Clearance: Active, final Secret
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a fun place to work. We are a family of like-minded individuals who care for, support and encourage each other. We are here to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will do whatever it takes to ensure our customers are successful and happy with our results.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in it's innovative and cutting edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who embody the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We always have a wide variety of challenging, meaningful problems to solve at SimVentions, which span the whole range of our six core disciplines.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- The impact benefit – work on projects that directly impact the safety of our country
- The purpose benefit – be part of something bigger where our profits help the needy
- The co-worker benefit – work with the best and brightest people in the business
- The dress code benefit – business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work
- The healthcare benefits – one of the best packages in the industry
- The bacon benefit – if the CEO eats the last piece of bacon you get to blast him with Nerf darts
- The breakfast benefit – the “C’s” fix you breakfast once a year
- The food benefits – we have a lot of food around here
- On-site Chaplain and prayer room
- Lots of employee-appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.