Fab Equipment Sourcing Manager
Intel, Santa Clara, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire Fab Capital equipment in a cost effective and timely manner. Acquires and maintains technical understanding of tools purchased. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major Equipment. Obtains materials, components, equipment and services. Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Recommends cost saving proposals including make vs buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria. At higher levels may require domestic or global expertise of assigned equipment.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Finding negotiating best pricing and contract terms for memory fab equipment with equipment suppliers.
- Building cost roadmap and cost saving strategies.
- Work with suppliers to identify cost reduction projects.
- Point of contact for internal stake holders for any escalations with suppliers regarding tool pricing, contracts, service, warranty, performance.
10% Domestic and international travel will be required.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator of both written and verbal information to all levels of management and across diverse cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Skilled contract negotiator for complex negotiations.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- MBA or MS in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in semiconductor fab equipment
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Job Type:Experienced Hire
Shift:Shift 1 (United States of America)
Primary Location:US, California, Santa Clara
Business group:As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of TrustN/A
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.