Senior Vice President, Severity Casualty Claims Leader( 330251)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Senior Vice President, Severity Casualty Claims Leader
This position is responsible for leading and managing a team of claims professionals adjudicating Construction Defect, High Severity Excess Casualty, Life Sciences and Medical Risk claims. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Casualty Claims for Personal & Commercial Lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the highest levels of claims handling and customer service for Construction Defect, High Severity Excess Casualty, Life Sciences and Medical Risk claims.
- Directly collaborate with the impacted underwriting segments and actuarial teams regarding claim activities and trends as well as product development, supporting and partnering in overall business strategies and goals.
- Manage financial results, including reserve adequacy and litigation management for the Construction Defect, High Severity Excess Casualty, Life Sciences and Medical Risk claims.
- Lead a team of approximately sixty (60) claims professionals handling high severity claim types.
- Ensure that significant exposures are timely recognized, elevated and overseen by the appropriate staff with commensurate skills.
- Ensure timely evaluation and analysis of coverage, liability and damages for high severity Casualty claims.
- Develop and implement overall strategies for Severity Casualty Claims driving high quality claim results and delivering high quality claims service.
- Partner with others in the Casualty Claims Discipline to achieve broader Chubb Claims & Corporate financial goals.
- Build and develop organizational talent; identify and track success criteria and metrics.
- Partner with HR to manage performance, foster talent development, support diversity and inclusion and create succession plans.
- A minimum of 15-25 years of experience in managing Construction Defect, High Severity Excess Casualty, Life Sciences and Medical Risk claims.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high severity Casualty claims, as well as demonstrated ability to interact with and influence all levels of internal and external business partners and customers.
- Organizational and management skills with a track record of success in building and managing high performing claims teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A hands-on management style and strong work ethic.
- Ability to drive results as well as coach and mentor others.
- An advanced degree (JD or MBA) is preferred, but not required.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Jersey City 07302
- USA-California-Simi Valley, USA-Illinois-Chicago, USA-Georgia-Alpharetta
- Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Oct 11, 2019, 2:00:34 PM