VP, Product Management, Software - San Diego, CA
3D Systems, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Responsible for building and leading the Product Management team for the 3D Systems Software Business. The VP of Product Management will drive the development and execution of the software business strategy in partnership with the SVP/GM of software, as well as with internal and external partners to align and execute the strategy. The Product management team will drive the Software Product roadmaps, and collaborate with all functions to ensure successful execution. The team will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience, customer and market research.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Foster a highly customer centric culture within the software business
- Possess/develop a keen understanding of the market and customer needs as it pertains to CAD/CAM and the additive markets; develop a portfolio that reflects the evolving landscape incorporating IoT, machine/deep learning, cloud, etc as relevant
- Define and drive a sustainable competitive advantage for the software portfolio; drive a winning Value Proposition for software offerings
- Work with the 3D Systems Sales, Marketing and Applications Engineering team to align on product and solutions portfolio
- Manage the entire product life cycle from business unit strategic planning, new product ideation, product development, pricing and launch and through a variety of strategic planning and tactical current product management activities.
- Develop deep customer relationships; become the voice of the customer as 3D Systems looks to grow and enlarge its footprint with large enterprise customers
- Define and drive the right packaging and pricing strategies
- Develop and implement a go-to-market plan in partnership with the regional GTM teams.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting primary market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers and through competitive analysis, secondary research, and other sources.
- Interface with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements, work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Drive a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product specifications, and product positioning.
- Understand and enhance brand drivers which lead to greater brand loyalty and customer retention.
- Take ownership for understanding and enhancing the customer journey, customer and user experience (CX/UX) across product, design, and UI touch points to make customer experience a differentiated competitive advantage for the business.
- Develop and manage integrated business models that maximize current year and lifetime value of hardware, software, services and consumables.
- Drive core product related activities like Sales enablement (communicate the value proposition of the products), Product Launch (manage cross-functional implementation product launch) and gathering Market intelligence.
- Identify, analyze and pursue potential strategic partnership relationships for the products and solutions that achieve the business objectives.
- Provide market leadership in Business Development activities to drive incremental product penetration within the marketplace to prioritized segments and markets and to win strategic big deals.
- Develop a high performing marketing team that is known for its intense focus on the customer, market prowess, creativity, responsiveness, and ability to define and execute industry winning products and solutions.
Education and Training
- Bachelors degree in Software/Computer Science; MBA preferred
- 10 years combined experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales and Business Development in software/SaaS
- Experience in CAD/CAM/additive software/IOT/analytics
- Thorough knowledge of a B2B product life cycle and sales cycle
- Highly desirable to have past experience in managing products with integrated solutions involving hardware, software and consumables.
- Global market exposure in prior assignments
- Multi-disciplinary experience across different departments within an organization is a plus.
- Must possess business acumen, preferably the mechanics of running a P&L
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Must possess strong written/verbal/interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
- Strong leadership and the ability to influence stakeholders not in the direct chain of command.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Effective leader with proven ability to develop, coach and mentor as well as terminate non-performers.
- Take charge individual with lots of energy and clear sense of urgency.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive, experienced in and capable of leading change.
- Strong finance acumen.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.