Director, Commodity Management - Avendra
Aramark, Philadelphia, PA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Leverages business acumen and functional expertise to contribute to the strategic direction of Aramark Supply Chain & Global Procurement
- Collaborates with Category/Sourcing teams, Supply Chain, external Suppliers, Finance and Treasury to develop future-looking commodity and inflation exposure and risk mitigation strategies
- Support monthly and quarterly meetings attended by Senior Supply Chain and Finance executives to articulate the strength or weakness of relevant futures markets, recommend hedging activities, and then implement the strategies
- Conduct quantitative analysis on a variety of commodity markets for the purpose of understanding and forecasting market dynamics, including supply/demand balances and pricing
- Provide insight on market intelligence studies, trends and data to optimize Aramark's competitive position including monitoring macro trends in supplier/market base to react to volatilities avoiding impact to company
- Supports pro-active price optimization initiatives related to commodity input price movements
- Continually develop and maintain commodities expertise to support growth for new projects/products
- Contributes to cost management strategies across the business including developing and maintaining commodity and inflation forecasting models
- Focuses on supporting negotiation strategies that mitigate price increase pressures
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Management, Supply Chain or related discipline
- 5-10s years of commodities management experience in the same or related industry that includes strategic sourcing, indirect spend and experience supporting a global matrix organization
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and skill in global commodities management for a food, CGP or similar type of business
- Knowledge and ability to utilize industry tools and technologies (hardware and software) to successfully achieve goals
- Demonstrated expert-level negotiations and collaboration skills
- Strong financial/business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cross-function with all levels of an organization
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.