Senior Software Engineer
Dexcom, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes — while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Dexcom is expanding through a growing reputation as the technology leader in diabetes management and patient satisfaction. We have become the standard bearer in the emerging digital health space. We're adding new staff who can further improve our innovative life-changing products.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Test implemented designs.
- Build and test automation tools.
- Handle code deployments in all environments and promoting code.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tools with team.
- Research industry standards and best practices with a focus on security, stability, testability, scalability, simplicity, and maintainability and propose opportunities for improvement when applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own an overall software build and release process
- Enhance existing practices to improve scalability and robustness
- Extend build and release infrastructure to improve reliability and reduce test times
- Collaborate with Verification, QA and Project Management teams to prepare software releases
- Create software releases
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
- Proficient with design, development and maintenance of Continuous Integration systems
- Intimate knowledge of source code management strategies
- Experience with on-target test execution (e.g. ARM development board)
- Hands-on with C or Python programming
- Jira, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
- Remote instrument control (e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters, power analyzers)
- 0 – 20%
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.