Associate Manager II – Full Time
Life Storage, East Hanover, NJ
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Job Description Life Storage is a leading self-storage provider that manages more than 700 facilities in 28 states with over 1,800 employees.
As an Associate Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Renting self storage spaces & selling our store merchandise
- Providing great service to new and existing customers
- Accepting monthly payments and making bank deposits
- Keeping the property and office clean and tidy. You will be able to walk around the property performing lock checks and showing off our units to customers. This isn't just a desk job.
- Other general office duties
Just some benefits of working at Life Storage include:
- NO NIGHT HOURS! Our stores are open from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Saturday, and for only four hours on Sunday. Family is a big part of Life, and our limited store hours give you the ability to spend more time with your family and friends!
- The ability to work face-to-face with customers and build excellent rapports while enhancing your customer service and sales skills and experience
- You will be able to walk around the property performing lock checks and showing off our units to customers. This isn't a boring desk job.
- A competitive rate of pay plus an excellent bonus structure. The harder you work, the more bonus money you'll earn!
- Health Insurance for you and your eligible dependents
- Investment opportunities through our 401(k) Plan which includes company matching.
- Paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, plus medical, disability, and military leave options
- A free Employee Assistance Program (EAP), storage and rental discounts, an employee wellness program, employee Life Insurance, and much more!
Life Storage Training Programs:
- Company new hire and ongoing training which incorporates both computer based training, shadowing, and role playing to help any different type of learner
- Two different training programs to advance your career at Life Storage
- ASM Career Path is for Associate Managers looking to get management experience to step into a Store Manager role
- Emerging Leaders training program is for Store Managers or Lead Managers looking to gain the experience it takes to become an Area Manager
Other things to note:
- Our customers need us on weekends, so you've got to work some weekends. But we are as flexible as possible with scheduling to help you achieve great work-life balance.
- Because you'll need to make bank deposits, you'll need a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. Sorry, but it's a requirement.
- Every employee must to submit to a background check
- Some of the physical requirements of the job include daily walks of the property, cleaning the units and the property, opening and closing the storage doors (up to 50 lbs), and similar light activities. These are necessary to do this job.
If you're looking for a great, growing company that can offer you a rewarding career, Life Storage might be right for you! Apply now!
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.