Data Center Program Manager
Amazon, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical abilities and strong attention to details to identify risks and ask the right technical questions to ensure appropriate trade-offs are made when negotiating resources, determining priorities, and escalating successfully. They must possess outstanding business acumen to understand and support the strategic direction of organizational goals. Exceptional written and oral communication skills are required to lead effective meetings with key stakeholders to drive business and technical discussions. They will be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project life cycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, and reporting and metrics development.
As a Data Center Program Manager, you must be able to develop and maintain deep global subject matter expertise in data center design approaches and an end-to-end understanding of critical infrastructure systems to facilitate technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs. You will be expected to take ownership and influence positive change, deploying and leveraging analytical data to drive quality, efficiency, performance, and cost improvement opportunities. Responsibilities include providing strategic insight across stakeholder teams during weekly business reviews and producing accurate and timely reporting on program status to business and finance partners.
If you are a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy new challenges in an ever-changing environment, are vocally self-critical, and are naturally curious, this job is for you. The position is based in San Diego, CA, and will require up to 25% travel throughout North America, Asia Pacific, and EMEA regions.
· Create and manage goals in safety, quality, team efficiency, vendor performance, and cost.
· Developing and leveraging analytical metrics to measure success of program goals.
· Producing accurate and timely reporting on program status for business and finance partners.
· Planning and hosting value stream mapping events with key stakeholders to measure work throughput, identify inefficiencies, determine root causes, and develop solutions to optimize processes to support program success.
· Gathering feedback from internal customers and stakeholders to drive program improvements.
· Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the team with organizational goals.
· Bachelor’s Degree AND 3+ years of project management experience OR 5+ years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree).
· Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
· Experience driving programs across cross-functional teams with organizational strategy (global programs and/or critical infrastructure experience is especially relevant but not required)
· The ideal candidate is a creative, leader with strong analytical skills.
· This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
· The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint.
· Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS SharePoint.
· Solid analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
· Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
· Understanding of customer intelligence practices, profiling/segmentation, and predictive modeling is a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.