Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo, Denver, CO
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Group Issue Management team (GIM) is a newly created team within the Corporate Risk Control Executive organization. The GIM team is responsible for ensuring quality and timeliness of all Corporate Risk issues data that is managed in the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) module in partnership with issues owners.
This Operational Risk Consultant 4 position will reside within the Analytics team and will report into the Corporate Risk GIM Analytics Manager within the Group Issue Management team. The Consultant will provide oversight, guidance, and subject matter expertise on issue management data and analysis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute Issue Management reporting and analytics
- Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Collaborate with senior leaders and/or peers to develop robust actionable analytics to monitor compliance with the Issue Management Policy and Corporate Risk’s standards
- Identify and promote best practices, process improvements, and efficiency enhancements for Issue Management reporting and analytics
- Participate in user acceptance testing (UAT) in the SHRP Issue Management Platform
- Build and maintain strong relationships within a variety of teams throughout the organization
- Provide actionable insights and make strategic recommendations to the line of business based on thought-provoking and sound analytics, both proactively and in response to business partners’ requests
- Develop new metrics and reporting, thinking creatively to connect the dots, and clearly articulate and execute that vision to enable measurement at various levels of detail
- Aggregate findings across Corporate Risk’s divisions to deliver standardized reporting
Locations: Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; West Des Moines, IA; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; St Louis, MO; Portland, OR; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, TX; and Raleigh, NCRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- 2+ years of issue management experience
- Ability to design, build, and maintain Tableau dashboards
- Experience with Shared Risk Management Platform (SHRP) Issue Management module
- Ability to read and write SQL
- Experience with creating VBA in MS Access or Excel
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.